Sinister: Christmas Pressies Exchange / Wisdom Disclosed

Joan of Dark joan_of_dark at xxx.com
Tue Nov 13 14:50:32 GMT 2001

Eeeeeeek!!

Just when I had finished composing my post to Sinister, saying that , yes, I
could undertake the Sini Presents Exchange this year as well, as so many
people seemed to want it back, and I was about to send it to you all…

……I checked my inbox again and….there it was! Ms Llew’s post!! Eeeeek eeeek!
Good that I thought of checking the inbox before pressing “send”!! So now I
have to type it all from the beginning…….

Meeeaaaaoow!

Anyway… I’m happy to see that there seems to be someone else apart from me
who’s willing to organise it this year! It’s a unique experience…brings the
spirit of christams all the more earlier!

So… just a few pices of useful advice  I gained from last years organising……

1)     First of all PLEASE consult the archives for my post that I link
HeRe:  http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200012/msg00018.html
it is crucial that you do so if you would like to participate so that you
will understand the spirit of it and the way the whole thing is organised
and carried out.

2)	Here I would also like to quote a part of another post of mine from last
year, giving the last few details
http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200012/msg00053.html

      a)If the present requires some personal details of the receiver so as
to be completed and any of the persons that are making something would like
to ask for some details so as to personalise their gift and make it perfect,
just drop me (Laura in this case) a line and I will be the one to ask her
what her bust size is or whether he prefers peach to strawberry lip
gloss..........

      b)There has been a misunderstanding .Many of the newest memebrs or
people that don't post oftenly thought that this exchange was only for
the frequent pos(t)ers and thus asked me whether they were allowed to
take part......The answer is a big smiling YES/ JA/ OUI/ NAI/ SI/ KE/
HAI/ SIM/ AYE/ DA (thanks to #sinister ) .Everybody who has subsribed to
sinister is very VERY welcome!!!!

We are getting sqeezy here, we have already started poking each other to
make some room , so ...people come and lets all get cuddled up!!!But for
god's sake keep your hands OFF the other people's private body
parts......(speaking of which.......
http://www.missprint.org/sinister/bodyparts/ This is the real
spawn of SINister.....)

3)      Here I would like to say that unfortunately ,things did not work out
exactly the way we all wished for them to …And I feel I should disclose the
reasons why here… The thing is that many people thought it would be very
nice if they took part as they seemed to be willing to make and send their
presents-at first-…. But to a  large extend this did not happen…I ,for
example, only got 2 of the 5 presents I was entitled to….And I was the one
to organise it for Chrissakes!J ( a guy emailed me telling me that he could
not send me my present because his girlfriend was jealous and would not let
him….so…eehhmmm… be sure that your beloved one will not bitch you over that
as well!!:P) So I don’t want to think of what might have happened in the
background… I still have the addresses of ALL the people and their exchange
partners though ,and I could give it a try and send the addressses to
them,asking them to please  consider settling this matter first…. Because
its really really bad, when someone has tried and sent the fruits of his
efforts to someone, not to receive anything back , as a result of someone
else’s boredom or negligence

          So PLEASE be sure that you want to do this, its not something that
costy or tiring, it requires just the minimum consideration on the
matter….Don’t just apply in the spur of the moment….But it’s vital you
really want to do this

          But I heard so may really beautiful things that people made last
year, I got green with envy!!! And ms Llew…..” Have you huGed a belle and
sebastian fan today?”, we had the same present last year I guess! for
everyone else’s information and a bit of advertising:– a lovely homemade
t-shirt by Madame Katarina Karlsson from Sweden …. Showing how foxy Sinister
Red Foxes copulate on the front.... and that phrase written on the back….
See what nice things you can get from Presents exchanges??

Niaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr!!  *don’t worry, I’m going through that “I’m a cat”
phase of my life*

So..umm….what else…. Noting I guess…
I managed to creep out of my lurkedom and post a normal email to the list,
apart from the sick sad stories  I usually post…J

     So Laura dearest, if you want I can disclose my precious info on how to
ObJeCtIvElY draw the partners (write the names down, check the sinister
photo pages, keep all the cute boys for yourself or the ones with the nice
names….J and spare the others to the rest of the ones that have
applied…)……..J just kidding…but you can always do tricks… last year I paired
Brier Random with a Rob Collingwood that lived on “Brier’s Close street” in
the UK….
     Plus you get to know all those exotic places like Talinn and Ballybay,
Ilkey, Wading River and Pisgah Forest ;) and street names like Via Borgo
Tiano , Yanigin Drive, Hunt Trail. Odos Polymerh, Schmiedelgasse etc etc !!
And your mailbox is flooded with emails addressed to yOu! Aaawwww! Now I
miss organising it!!!

Aaahhhh…next year……:)

So, I’m off to get a haircut again….
I’ll be back soon with details on The Sinister Gathering in AtHeNs-GrEeCe on
the occasion of  Stacey Dahling’s birthday in Febrary;) now I guess I
shouldn’t be telling that early eh, Stacey?

Anyhoo……
Bye bye!
Joan

meeeaaaaooow!

    =^o^=

Paint my floor green. Paint my ceiling black.
Paint my walls blue. Paint my table white.
Paint my door orange. Paint by piano pink.
But I know that you cannot paint me.

800 Cherries “Painty Paint Pots”
check this song out and tell me what you think…I find it fabulous!