Sinister: i was looking for a job and then i found a job

Archel Playforth Something.Pretty at xxx.com
Wed Nov 14 04:23:09 GMT 2001

robin very kindly forwarded my initial response to the plane crash in new
york, and i repeat the sentiments today.  hope you're all ok.

meanwhile, i thought i'd belatedly add to the love debate with a nice quote
from kurt vonnegut:
"Love is where you find it.  I think it is foolish to go looking for it, and
I think it can often be poisonous.
I wish that people who are conventionally supposed to love each other would
say to each other, when they fight, 'Please - a little less love, and a
little more common decency.'"

it's true that love is too often used as an excuse for cruelty, hysteria,
violence etc, as if it makes it ok.  a crime of passion is still a crime.
however, vonnegut's vision of a world where relationships are based on
'common decency' sounds a bit boring for me...

i went to see harry potter on saturday.  and it ROCKED like a gigantic...
rocking horse.  or something.  a feel-good movie without the slightest
recourse to the easy comforts of romantic love.  matt and i are slightly
worried about the trend towards all things childish, though.  on our way
back from the cinema we saw several large groups of youths dressed in school
uniforms, going to school disco type clubs.  they were about 18 - ie. it was
2 years max since they'd been wearing those uniforms for real.  seems that
nostalgia now sets in before we've even finished with the direct experience.
does it all mean that the world as it is is just too horrible to contemplate
living in fully?

well, whatever, i think harry potter will go down as a classic of family
cinema to rival the never-ending story (which let's face it looks a little
naff now).

i was pleased to see that the creators of pop idol (on which a friend of a
friend appears) felt that a good sesh on the DDR machine was valuable
training for the future rich and famous.  so you're already half-way there,
ken...

i wonder what chart position Waking up to us will reach?  b&s might be
worried to learn that dannii minogue is amongst the competition that week.

luv archel xxx

ps. the crunchy library book seems ok now.
pps. glad you liked your tape, arik.  i hope my contribution to the mighty
rachels effort will be as successful :)
archel at iname.com

For the best in new writing on the web, visit www.buzzwords.org.uk
Contact us on buzzwords at bigfoot.com