Sinister: a monkey in every office!!

Fiona Fairbairn mbbx9ff2 at xxx.uk
Wed Nov 14 14:19:34 GMT 2001

>Despite what you may have read or assumed, the railway still
>continues its operations around the clock, 365 days a year and we
>have not gone home. Railtrack,the national rail infrastructure owner,
>still needs to recruit graduates to start with the industry in
>September 2002.

  isn't that the greatest beginning to an email ever, i was muchly
confused until i realised that it was just a stupid recruitment
thingie that the university careers people insist i receive all the
time. i do wonder where railtrack would go home to i imagine a big
community all living in an engine shed like the one in thomas the tank
engine and then they'd get to play on the turnyroundythingie that the
engines use when they need to go in a different direction.
  my dad knows loads about the history of local railway lines and he's
always pointing to random buildings and telling me how they used to be
a station. its amazing how many mounds of earth used to busy railways.

  just thought i'd share.

  i have a sort of half-arsed hangover today, i don't really feel ill,
just a bit slow and i keep mixing up words (i got confused between
elephant and aeroplane earlier) and for a while this morning i wasn't
sure if any sound would come out at all and it wasn't until the very
end of my Contemporary British Culture class that i decided to try and
make the effort, fortunately it worked, but it made me a little sad
that everyone had been deprived of my witicisms concerning the working
classes and masculinity. nevermind eh...

  last night i played different songs in my dj set to what i normally
do. it felt good. it also felt good to have someone who prides himself
on being knowledgable about stuff not recognise folk implosion and had
to ask me what it was. hehe. one sinisterine was in attendance *waves
at antony (you don't have an 'h' do you?) but i know there's more of
you in manchester (i'm looking at you chris_t_opher) and i shall
expect to be seeing people at the next indigo november 27th @ the
phoenix. i WILL be reminding you later.

the girl sat next to me is eating smarties. i want smarties.

i'm going home now to eat fried food, perhaps that will make me feel
better.

love and monkeys,
                                       fiona.