Sinister: fuck buses, fuck them with knives

Archel Playforth Something.Pretty at xxx.com
Thu Nov 15 03:21:02 GMT 2001

i hope that subject line doesn't cause any raised eyebrows from employers
looking over you naughty people's shoulders... but i needed to say it.  i
have to get the bus to work now and it's always late and full of a) smelly
people
talking into carrier bags or b) students. (these categories are not
mutually exclusive.) also i get sick on them (just check the archives).

i know it's b&s fan treason, but i prefer trains.  i think that they're
psychologically healthier, with more space
to escape loonies. where's the buffet car to take a casual walk to on a
bus?  i liked fiona's post about railtrack bigwigs living in a big train
shed.  last saturday ( i can't believe i forgot to mention such an important
social event in my last
post) i went to a model railway exhibition. one of my best friends has
been involved with model railways (never ever say toy trains) for as
long as i can remember, and i thought it was time i went to see what
it's all about.  also, i do really like trains (if not in the slightly
scary way that everyone else there did, but anyway...) it was quite fun
and certainly twee. simon's display had little trams with proper
overhead pick-up. someone else had a harbour with real water that went
in and out like the tide. and i thought i wasted too much time on
sinister... :)

i'll stop now, because i don't think we really want a reprise of the old
'hilarious anecdotes about public transport' thread.

on the subject of skiving at work (thanks for the tips, 'bone' idle...) i
was a bit taken aback to see that some men were installing a tv set on my
desk today. it turned out to be for the purpose of spying on students from
my all-powerful position on reception.  but they reckon it can be wired up
to our tv service too... mmm - 'friends' dubbed into french.  what a treat.

in other news, i've noticed that every sinisterine worth his or her salt
seems to be a
dj these days. some people sneer at indie djs not being proper djs.  where,
pray, are the repetitive beats? the seamless mixing? and have you tried
scratching over tbwtas lately? not me, however.  despite huge quantities of
vinyl currently being stored at my house, i don't know one end of a deck
from the other (unless i'm on a bloody bus) so i give big props and
shout-outs to you all.

keepin' it schmindie! luv archel xxx

archel at iname.com

For the best in new writing on the web, visit www.buzzwords.org.uk