Sinister: I'm standing here til the wind catches the leaves

ArtsyDeco at xxx.com ArtsyDeco at xxx.com
Wed Nov 14 20:17:35 GMT 2001

It is a day.  Definitely a day.  I wake up and look around.  My roommate is still sleeping.  Good.  She's a loud person and I don't do well with loud in the mornings.  I put the finishing touches on my Irish homework and take a shower.

I come back and Beth's mom is here.  We discuss some things and the origin of the name Colleen.  I know this origin because I take Irish here at Boston College.  She keeps on insisting that the word Cailin is Caitlin, but an agreeable woman I think.

I slip the headphones over my ears, shove a box of cookie crisp in my backpack, slip the diskman in the big purple pocket of my coat.  It's okay, I set the non-skip device.  Wave a silent goodbye, slip your hand in the pocket to turn up the volume.  You haven't listened to Belle and Sebastian in a while.  Stars of Track and Field is working sublimely with the startlingly clear autumn sunlight.  Oh beautiful, the leaves are glittering down around you.  Pull your hood up girl, it's freezing out here.

I get into Stuart dining hall (hehe Struan dining hall) and get a bowl and some milk.  The guy at the cash register gives me a look.  I'm glad I have my head phones on or he might ask why I need the bowl.  I sit down and produce the cookie crisp from my backpack.  Eating them is a delight.  Cookies for breakfast.  I can't help grinning.  There's milk on my lips and cereal in my teeth, but oh well, I've always had a fondness for Like Dylan in the Movies.

Get to Irish.  I got an A on my midterm.  Made a few mistakes with definite articles, but life is pretty much good.  The headphones are back on as I walk to the bus.  I'm looking straight forward.  I'm going back to my room.  Then I'm getting on a plane in 47 days.  What happens inbetween doesn't even exist to me.  I'm grinning again, but with a clean smile this time.

Today I found out that adjectives are really verbs.  A while back I found out that the letter H does not exist.  It's crazy, you go around assuming things exist and then find out that they don't at all.  It's wonderful.  It might sound crazy, but I'm beginning to like the life I'm living in a whole lot.

Kara Jean*