Sinister: put us back on the train

juju cat stringbeanjean2 at xxx.com
Wed Nov 14 21:15:07 GMT 2001

halo sinistrine.

i came back from my adventures abroad. then i went to LA and got so sick i
could do little but sleep.. so i missed the meet. please have another when
i'm not so ill. i must have izone pix of all of your shoes.

now i sit in a cube in a small dark room with other sad people in
anticipation... it has been a slow death, but friday, the head falls all the
way off, and we will be left in a ghost town to clean up afterwards. i know
companies die all the time. i know it's sad to see eras end. but this one
was so special.. this is devastating not just for the community of people
that have been employed here for years: this is sad because the company
[was] a music distributor. (if you live in the us and bought a belle and
sebastian cd released on matador, you can betcher trousers it went through
us first.) and tho i think my label will be ok, struggling with other little
distros elsewhere, i am mourning the loss of so many little indie lables
that have only thrived with our help. they will now be gone forever. and all
those people who give so much to make something pretty while they can to
give back to the world will now be in debt and never be heard. it is sadder
than sad. plase never stop buying records.

i think i shall work in the library. i will get lost in children's books and
think of my adventures in engerlund. i will still play in the piano bar at
night, but i will play more than 'cocoon' and 'we rule the school'.. i will
play 'fox in the snow' and remember the foxes i saw. the one who crept up
behind me on the streets of london the night before i left, who caused me to
"eek! a fox!" and the one in the form of a lake in the hills of northern
california that i saw the next day on my flight home. and i will still
wonder what it all means.

(if anybody knows, please, do tell.)

i suppose i can't post without mentioning *him*... well, he called me
yesterday, from his newly appointed post at home, unemployed like everybody
else now. he was feeding her cat his tuna. but still managed to flirt with
me.. and today he signed on to tell me farewell. he has flown away to
engerlund now. then to czech republic. and he acted like i went without him
on purpose.. as intelligent as he is, he must not be so daft as to think i
wasn't waiting for him to say as much as two words to get me to wait for
him, what with all the begging i did to make him come with me. he must know
i only went so i could bear his disappearing. still, he proves himself time
and again to be a dumb boy. confound it all, i love him tho.

and this just feels like.. spinning plates.

--juju

girl in the snow, where will you go
to find someone that will do
to tell someone all the truth before it kills you
listen to your crazy laugh
before you hang a right
and disappear from sight..

what do they know anyway...