Sinister: Can I tell you a story?

Alexander Bartilson alexander.bartilson at xxx.com
Wed Nov 14 22:55:24 GMT 2001

Hi,
here is another mail from a member of the Swedish massive. Big it up.
Respect. :-)

First of all, I heard two songs from the new single yesterday. "I'm waking
up to us" and "Marx and Engels". Boy were they good. Even though Stuart
sounds strange on "IWUTU".
But strange in a good, cool way. I can't wait for the single to come out.

Today I saw Storytelling on the Stockholm film festival. It was really good
even though I think I have to see it a few more times to get some question
marks that are currently circling around in my head straighened out.
The movie is divided into two parts. The first is called "Fiction" and it's
duration is about one third of the film.
The music to that part is made by Nathan Larson.

The second part, with the music made by Belle & Sebastian, is called
"Non-fiction".
I'm still trying to figure out the connection between the two parts. So far
I haven't come up with any. I mean it doesn't HAVE to be any connection
between them but...I don't know.
Another thing that I reflected on about the movie is that it isn't much
music in it.
But the music that is in it is really good. One B&S song is called
"Storytelling" and that was
great, really great. Sarah or Isobel sings it.
Apart from that about 2-3 new songs are featured in the film. Plus
"The state I am in".

Anyway, I hope you're all doing well and that you get a chance to see
Storytelling soon.

///Alexander