No subject

Tim Banning fezzywig at xxx.com
Thu Nov 15 00:42:18 GMT 2001

hello to all.

I was driving my Dads truck yesterday and he's made this Nick Drake/Belle
and Sebastian mix CD from some of my collection.  I was listening to Get Me
Away From Here I'm Dying, which has to be one of my favorite songs period.
And the line "nobody writes them like they used to so it may as well be me"
caught my attention, as it usually does.  Then I was thinking about how some
people have expressed that some of the songs on the new Belle and Sebastian
single sound like their from the 60's.  Well...maybe it's been Stuarts
intention to write songs like that for a long time.  Everyone has a creative
peek, a goal.  Maybe he has always wanted to write songs that sound like
"they used to".  In the last Weezer album.  There's a Verdi (I think) quote
"Torniamo all antico, e sara un progresso"  I don't speak Italian but I
remember that when the album came out people were saying it basically ment
"To go back to the past is to progress".  If thats wrong, I'm sorry but
thats what I heard.
anyway. Hey Thanks Rachel F. for your Theatrical support.  It's going really
well, we also perform this weekend.
I got a four track recorder for my birthday (11/24).  I know it's early but
who cares, I've wanted one for such a long time.  I got this semi-okay mic
too.  It's a lot of fun.
Okay, short I know but...sorry.  have a good one.
tim
just a thought, did that make sense.