Sinister: his impeccable shirt and his strict trousers

Stephen Hewitt shewitt at xxx.uk
Thu Nov 15 14:25:09 GMT 2001

ello babies

the wonders of babelfish strike again... as my schoolboy french seems to
have disintegrated to the point where i couldn't read the benecassim
review, i tried babelfish for some help.  the subject line was possibly
the most humourous bit (i think you can guess who "he" is, i know a
canadian who'll be quivering at the thought of his strict trousers...)
although most of it was the usual gibberish you get from babelfish.

whilst wandering through the archives i remembered i was meant to be
finding out where "struan" comes from, and it came as a bit of surprise.
the first mention:

http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/199803/msg00792.html

actually refers to mr david, rather than murdoch, and was made by
mistopher chris leonard.

the first usage of it ****which still exists**** to refer to howlin'
mad:

http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/199807/msg00602.html

(*if you read that one it refers to another chris leonard post
.../199807/msg450.html which is 404, spoooooky...)

was, rather inevitably, made by The Duke of Harringay who is responsible
for more than you imagine, little children.  Other early adopters
include funky seb (ask yer grandfather), andre viera (nope, me neither),
adrian evans, loulu, lixi, steady mike, rory, michelle wagner, david
moore and, even more inevitably, peter miller.  frankly the first 50
reads like a rogues gallery of names who were all the rage when i was in
the nursery :)

speaking of which, blimey! it's ian anscombe ;)

here's the list of the first 50:
http://www.missprint.org/cgi-bin/wilma_glimpse.cgi/sinister?query=str
uan&Search=Search&sortlist=newlast&errors=0&maxfiles=50&maxlines=10&.cgi
fields=partial&.cgifields=restricttofiles&.cgifields=lineonly&.cgifields
=case&.cgifields=filelist

the only b&s song i've tried to do movements for is the L. O. V. E. bit
in legal man, in the style of YMCA, however it generally just ends up
with me flailing my arms around (so no change there then).

am i the only person not to have heard EYEWOOTY?

my favourite (deliberate) mis-hearing is substituting the word "being"
in wandering days... for "peen", thus making the line:

The centre of my so-called penis
The space between your bed and wardrobe with the louvre doors

wahey, cough, fnarr, etc

xoxo
CarsmileSteve