Sinister: Storytelling and stuff

Helen Beltrame lostbs at xxx.com
Thu Nov 15 16:25:06 GMT 2001

Hi there!

I hadn't plan to write soon but all the latest talking about "Storytelling"
made me want to.

Mouche mentioned the news songs by b&s and Alexander mentioned the movie
itself. And I wanted to add some info to all that.

For those who don't know, "Storytelling" was directed by Todd Solondz, a (in
my point of view) great artist, who also directed "Happiness" (1998),
"Welcome to the Dollhouse" (1995) and "Fear Anxiety and Depression" (1989).
I haven't had the chance to watch the 2 first ones (you know, living down
here in Brazil makes it really hard for the movies to arrive! :)) but
Happiness is a great movie and the soundtrack is awesome.

Anyway, what I really wanted to say is that Todd Solondz invited b&s (he
seems to be quite close to Stuart M.) to create this songs specially for the
movie which they gladly did (thanks there Todd!).

So "The State that I am in" is played by this kid on his cd while... well,
I'm not gonna tell you guys the whole story, but it's a very special moment.
The rest is really soundtrack, they're all played along the second part of
the movie and they are fantastic, as always.

It seems that b&s aren't releasing a cd with this songs, but they'll be at
the soundtrack of the movie, which should be available pretty soon for your
west-european and american guys.

Now a message for the brazilian sinisters: Alguém gravou a entrevista que o
b&s deu para o Jô Soares e foi transmitida no Multishow antes da transmissão
do show do Rio? (if someone finds it rude that I wrote the message in
portuguese, two things: 1. it's a good oportunity to start getting used to
this beautiful language (by the way, it was amazing how good Sarah sang the
brazilian song on the concerts here - her portuguese was perfect!) and 2.
it's nothing important, I'm just asking if someone got this interview that
b&s gave in Brazil on tape.

Did you guys take a look at the text by Stuart realeased on the site?
Because they were coming to Brazil Stuart wrote that... I'm so proud of my
country! (hope you don't get me wrong)

Hope you're all well and thanks for the over-super-complete location
information, David. ;)

[]s
Helen