Sinister: Kim Philby Filled My Trilby

Helen Beltrame lostbs at xxx.com
Fri Nov 16 15:15:26 GMT 2001

Gotta say something again. Peter Miller wrote:

>I also spotted some inaccuracies in what Stuart said about *that* they
> >weren't bearded, were they?), Brazil (Catholicism was imposed and is
>only one of many religions, some of which are a bit like voodoo; it >isn't
>free and easy, as far as I know) and the crusaders (if you write >The
>Crusaders it looks like the jazz funkateers, and they weren't the >first to
>use slap bass - that honour goes to Mark King from Level 42, >beating the
>Style Council's 'Money-Go-Round' by just two weeks! - >from 'The Guiness
>Book of Made-Up Bollocks').

Just to clear things up about Brasil: when the portuguese arrived here, the
country belonged to the indians and they had their own religions, depending
on the tribe they belonged to. So the portuguese killed almost every indian
there was here, and those who weren't killed were "civilized" which means
they had to accept catolicism as their religion.
Nowadays Brasil is a catholic country. There are some smaller religions,
like judaism, evangelism and different levels of christianism associated
with other religious theories but the catholicism is the official religion
of Brasil.
Maybe I'm not well informed enough, but as I far as I'm concerned, we got as
much voodoo as the rest of the world.

[]s
Helen