Sinister: i heard that humans can fly too.

nafees saeed nafees at xxx.com
Fri Nov 16 19:57:07 GMT 2001

the weekend is here...finally.  it's been a long week for me, i thought that
i didn't have any work to do but i did.  i was apparently supposed to be
revising for exams which i umm...forgot about.  which means i've pretty much
failed.  i don't mind failing, but...this might sound silly but i feel like
i've let my tutors down.  for once i actually like the tutors i have so i
feel extra guilty for not doing too well.

i think that this week has been the real start to winter.  now that the
clocks have gone back it's dark earlier and it's been ridiculously cold.
people in hats and scarves and stuff.  i was reading idle's post about
setting up a website about bus and how bad they are.  i'd like to nominate
first bus company.  i don't know if they operate outside the greater
manchester area but they really are rubbish.  it's as if they've launched a
personal campaign against me.  evidence : 1.  whenever i get a bus, a bus
never comes in the direction that i want to go but at least 50 go in the
opposite direction.  2.  the bus drivers do seem to be the most miserable
people ever, they never crack a smile nor do they say a word.  all they do
is demand money and frown.  3.  they seem to put small busses on the most
bussiest routes and double decker ones on the least bussiest roots.  for
example the 409 which i catch home from college is regularly packed with as
many people as possible.  an arkward incident occured the other day.  as we
were all forced to stand, i had to stand infront of the rail and there was a
man infront of me.  he had nowhere to place his hands so he had to wrap his
arms around me as if he was hugging me to hold on to the rail.  this meant
that for twenty minutes i had to put up with looking this guy right in the
face and him breathing on me.  i tried to be considerate and not breathe as
much.  but this nearly led me to pass out so the poor bloke had to put up
with me breathing in his face too.

something b&s related happened the other day.  me and some of my english
class decided rent out a video of "the tempest" from the college library to
understand it better and we were watching it.  it was thoroughly boring
until the character aerial appeared.  much to my surprise the person who
played aerial looked almost identical to stuart.  if you can imagine stuart
wearing nothing but a loin cloth (which i'm sure some of you already do) and
being covered in gold body paint then that was aerial.  he even danced like
stuart too.  everybody else wondered why i was laughing so much...ahh well.
it was good.

i like the idea of the christmas present exchange thing.  i didn't
participate last year, but i will this year.  i only have an idea for one
present but i'm sure i'll think of more.  speaking of christmas, everywhere
seems to be decked out for christmas now.  even my shopping part of my local
town.  they went all out this year and went for the fairytale theme.
there's this rather large beanstalk in the middle of town with santa claus
scaling it.  there's even a santa you can go to and request presents.  me
and my friend watched for a while, all these little kids came out with
biggest smiles on their faces.  it was disheartening to see him smoking
afterwards though.

take care,

nafees.