Sinister: Oh! Get me away from here - Rob's singing.

Robert Brennan rob_brennan at xxx.uk
Mon Nov 19 13:12:53 GMT 2001

Hello sinister

The picnic journey began well.  Trains are much better
than buses as has been previously pointed out.  The
radio in the station buffet played T-Rex's 'Jeepster'.
 I took this as an omen.  I've no idea why.

A few brave people like HannahB, James, James, Will
and 2 Rachels did indeed make the climb to the top of
Primrose Hill.  We enjoyed the view for about 8
seconds before working out that pubs are better than
hills in November.

The pub was indeed grate cos it sold beer.  Ace!  And
you could pay by credit card.  Bad.  Lots of nice
people turned up at this point like Lucy, Lixi, MarkC,
Ken, Ben, Steve, Lyns & Pris.  Drinking, gossiping and
bitching was done with enthusiasm and commitment until
some of us lightweights got hungry and departed to eat
pizza.

Despite the stomach lining, my memory gets fuzzy from
this point on.  I recall singing a B&S medley with
Pris:  She handled the high notes while my
alcohol-rich voice explored notes that had yet to be
discovered by man and could only be appreciated in a
parallel universe where Bach's ideas about
well-tempered scales never took off.

Oh and Casarotto beat me at Mornington Crescent.  I've
yet to check the rules but I reckon he did an illegal
line skip.  Or that could've been me.

Many thanks to Ben for letting me have a roof and a
sofa for the night.  Hope you found your bag, Ken.

On the way home my train was delayed by a points
failiure.  Fuck trains.  Fuck them with knives.

Sorry to anyone I forgot to mention.

Robster