Sinister: Planting Trees and Hedges

Sarah Clarke starpiekat at xxx.uk
Mon Nov 19 14:48:22 GMT 2001

Cher Sinister,

it's amazing how bored one can get whilst plumbing through DODDS PARLIAMENTARY
COMPANION. Now, if I were researching Members of the House of Lords that would
be a THRILL and a HARF cos they list all the clubs they are members of EG
BEEFSTEAK or GARRICKS and are funny - however the House of Commons chapsXoRs
are all DULL and WORTHY. Oh, yet another one likes "reading". Lots of them like
"jazz", whotevah that could be. Peter Mandelson likes "swimming" but Peter
Temple-Morris (Leonminister - where the FLUMPS is that eh?) is more my kind of
chap, liking as he does, WINE and FOOD num tasty eh?

Speaking of which, I have developed an opinion about wine. Okay, one wine. Piat
D'Or is GRIM. All wine which isn't Piat D'Or however is FINE!

> Its cool what the effect of a stranger can have on
> you. Send someone off this list a random e mail. Go
> on. Just to them, tell them something.

Most of you lot are STRANGERS IN THE NIIIIIGHT (hem hem) to me, so I'd like to
tell you that I bought a SOSAGE roll from Budgens B2 Express in Shepherds Bush
at 2am on Saturday night after failing to get CHICKEN GRAVY from KFC. I had
seen that rock band Life Without Buildings and I thort they were RUBBIDGE. They
sounded nothing like Enola Gay by Orchestral Manouvres in the Dark so blurrgh
and 10000 boos to them.

> Any more takers for going out this weekend to the
> cinema?

Oh yes, I'd like to see GHOSTWORLD myself.

HEY HEY! I found an MP who likes sheep dog trials! BUT STILL they do not beat
the Noble Lord who listed CRAVATOLOGY as his interest. It's going on my CV, pop
pickers!

> Topics of conversation I’ve never been able to
> participate in:
> Ted Hughes;

Ponce

> Keats;

Ponce (GET IN THE BACK OF THE URN!)

> Harry Potter novels;

Gr8!

> Tiswas; Swap Shop;

Good point, leave that to the old FOAX

> Ataris;

NOW WE GET TO THE GIST OF THINGS. I went to an exhibition at the Institute of
Contemporary Arse (the bar is under new management and they seem to have more
than HALVED their cocktail list, shame shame wherefore art the SINGAPORE
SLING?) where there was a room full of COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT including Amiga
version of PANG (it is urgent and key that I get this), Spectrum version of
JETPAC and the Intellivision. I enjoyed PONG on the Atari immensely yet I
shunned Ataris attempt at new and modern technology IE the Jaguar. A pox on it
I say. All you need to know about Ataris really is that Pong is really rather
good and I need to get one. Where can one buy these items?

> difference between speed garage and garage;

UK Garage = GUD, speed garage = DUD.

> If you could ask a member of Belle and Sebastian any
> one question, what would it be?

What conditioner does Isobel Campbell use on that wuvvly hem hem hair of hers?
Also, why do the lyrics to "Marx and Engels" not just say MARX AND ENGELS MARX
AND ENGELS, surely communism = ROCK AND ROLL FUN and they could wear all red
outfits and get some sponsorship from the White Stripes/MALBORO FAGS.

> You can make up their answer for them, if you like.

Okay, "special stuff", "we have lorst the critical plot". I would prefer their
answers though. Actually they'd probably be boring. Perhaps I'd ask them their
favourite way to make hot chocolate also favourite make of chocolate bar. I haf
become a fan of Green and Blacks GOLD chocolate despite it being mouldy and
ORGANIC I think even VEGAN curses.

Heh, new superhero alter: THE EVEN VEGAN.

> And on that note, I shall depart.

Me too. I'm really rather bored, you know.

Sarah (Pratts, Groucho).

=====
Write to Stars de Luxe!
http://www.egroups.com/group/starsdeluxe