Sinister: The games you play make people say, you're either weird or lonely

Alan Whyte whytey1982 at xxx.com
Mon Nov 19 19:01:39 GMT 2001

This post, whether good or bad, is dedicated to Ryan. By gum!

Firstly, I hope everyone enjoyed the picnic and Will got home safely and you
have all stuck to the recommended weekly intake of alcohol, and not exceeded
it in a few hours in a park :)

Hello again sinister. It's been a while and a lot of things have changed
since my last post. In fact i can't even remember when my last post was. It
feels like i've been on here forever, (not a bad thing!) though most of you
will have no idea who i am (another sinister lurker i'm afraid) Saying that,
i've been on #sinister quite a lot recently and everyone is really
welcoming, so thanks :) I think i've made some new friends :)

Now Playing: 'Falling from Grace' by the Gentle Waves.

MOOD SWINGS, NOT SURE I CAN COPE
I've become a bit of a rebel recently. I haven't shaved for three days now
(and i may not tomorrow!), i've begun dressing entirely in brown, i'm meant
to be at college today...eh I slept till seven o'clock on Sunday (yes, in
the evening. Gasp!) Oh yes, and I also had vodka and Red Bull for breakfast
yesterday :) I suppose i'd better add that i am not an alcoholic, and
hopefully Mr Farrell can vouch for this. Please!?!

Where to begin....the weekend was fun in parts, mostly bad though. On Friday
i seen Amelié with my two bestest friends in the whole world and i cried
(but smiled mostly!). If you haven't seen it yet just go, right now, just
drop everything and go and be enlightened and for a a couple of hours forget
anything that's bad in your life, forget the pressures of work, just go and
if you're not touched then you are a heartless swine. It is truly beautiful
and moving and very French - C'est Magnifiqué! :) I'm going again hopefully
before they stop showing it. Lucy, please come with me! :)

I wish my life was in the Amelié narrative style.
5.47pm, alan begins his post. Looking out the window onto the mainstreet
there are two cars racing. A bus driver becomes aggravated and beeps his
horn. At this exact moment, in Galloway, a drop of rain lands on an old mans
nose and a young girl eating candy floss giggles.
I wonder how many people on sinister are having an or... erm an orange right
now? hehe :)

Now Playing: 'Able Hands' by Sodastream

Before Amelie though we went shopping for our loved ones and got lots of
lovely presents (no Lucy, i'm not telling you, you'll just have to wait :) I
enjoy buying presents and it's good to have someone to buy them for, for a
change. It makes me excited and nervous as to how they'll react to what i
get them ("ooh an aubergine and a bible...how thoughtful") and i like to
think of their faces when they open the shiny paper, even if i've never seen
their faces before :0) I've been going on about hating Christmas recently,
but a lovely wee christmas fairy came to me in a dream and told me that this
year would be special, and i woke up in love and knew it was true.

Now Playing: 'Opposite of Coffee' by the Lucksmiths

I love this song! It's not their best, but it isn't far off. If you haven't
heard it then it would be wise to download it (i think Mr Breams would
agree!)...... Anyway, then we went to the 13th Note for Tequila slammers and
managed to catch the last train home.

Saturday was strange and quite spontaneous. David Howie appeared from
relative obscurity with guitar in hand and we were transported to a park
where we spent the night kicking leaves (which was fun!) and shouting at my
friend Graham to stop playing his guitar so loudly (he was playing Smiths
songs though, so maybe he should be excused for just being enthusiastic). We
headed home about 2 and i stayed at Danny's. We went on #sinister for quite
a while, then sat and talked till about 9am. This has turned into a diary
hasn't it? That's bad, sorry.

Now playing: 'Dream Brother' by Jeff Buckley

"Jeff Buckley has about 238 octaves to his voice". Someone made that comment
on Saturday. Bethan MacLeod just posted so i have that to look forward to.
She is a master photographer and a fellow lover of aubergines if you didn't
know. There's been a lot of name dropping in this post actually. I think i'm
just happy to be finally getting to know some of you, one of you is
particularly special to me and she loves Buckley too. Falling in love is
brilliant. Falling out with friends is soul destroying. I never want it to
happen again and i will change. I will be my old happy, cheery, agreeable
and unargumentative self. I hope we can forget the last few weeks. I've been
suffering from mood swings cause this is a really happy and exciting time
for me, but it's also tearing me apart at the same time and i am very
confused and my mind is cluttered and this is making me snap and say things
i don't really mean and then because i'm quite stubborn i refuse to take
them back or apologise. Well i am truly sorry. Let's not put each other
through this again.

We will never be lonely again.

Now Playing: 'Saturday' by the Clientele

Ryan will be pleased to know that i've started working on a new song today.
I hope things work out for us this time, the first EP is in the pipeline. I
spanked the monkey today, faster than ever before. 560 mph, seriously. I
don't usually get above 300. Don't look at me like that, I'm not being
crude, see for yourself:

http://www.vectorlounge.com/04_amsterdam/jam/flamjam.html

Now Playing: 'Vierge, Une Vrai Maman, Face au Miroir' by Sebastien Tellier

I didn't really have much to say when i started but i remembered things
during writing, so everything is probably all over the place, but nevermind.
Anyone want to join me for tea and crumpets later? You're all more than
welcome, i'll be on #sinister later with plenty for everyone :)

That's all for now. See you in six months or so :)
Alan oxo

"I want a single bed, i want a simpler life. But i want you by my side, i'm
so confused."

ps: I wish to return the not so sinister love for my wee christmas fairy.
I'm missing you already xxx

PS2(not the games console): Ryan, my friend, everything will be Bryter
Layter.

If you haven't heard any of the songs i was listening to then please get
them, they are all beautiful. If you don't like them, then feel free to hurl
abuse in my direction. bye bye xxx