Sinister: a call, a coo/coup, a cough

lisa morrison athenaofme at xxx.com
Mon Nov 19 19:42:32 GMT 2001

cheers and jeers to all you sinister kids (because you know i am in the torn
state of polar opposites at every second of the daY which makes it rather
difficult, hence the explaination for my stagnancy as of late...)

cheers especially to rachel fruitloop for acknowleging my presence and
therefore confirming my existence for the day...you've broken the stone that
encases me anew each mornng when i wake...and for today, i am free to fling
my arms about while speaking in the great jewish/newyorker
tradition...unfortunate for the rest of you, i my never quiet down
again...so thank you to miss fruitloop for opening the proverbial pandora's
box...

but with cheers come the inevitable jeers (for reasons i've explained in the
opening paragraph)...what is with the excessive numbers of lisa's and
rachel's on this list?...i'm am calling up a coup...these names have robbed
us of our individuality (which rachel? which lisa?)...we may as well be as
arithmatic as rachel a,  rachel b, and rachel c...lisa a, lisa b, and lisa
c...lik coordinates on a graph.  oh how we have been reduced...if only i
could step out of this vast and general crowd of lisa's and shed my name
like i shed my coat when stepping into a warm house, or my clothing every
evening as i retire to my bedroom...how banal to be a lisa...

cheers to december for promising 8 consecutive yo la tengo shows at maxwells
in hoboken (any other listers going to bopp there pretty sinisters sneakers
about to yo la...perhaps we could team up and all hoover in the same
corner...peter and i will be present two or more of those glorious
nights)...

but jeers because we get the curse of having to endure stuffed turkey and
cheek-piching relatives before month and its good music arrives...if i was
preparing thanksgiving dinner i would stuff my relatives instead of turkey
and let the birds enjoy some pie and wine for once...
-listdomlisa
    ...whose lost some edge with age...