Sinister: third-wave girl

Robyn Fadden rfadden at xxx.com
Mon Nov 19 22:45:55 GMT 2001

sinisters!

a while ago someone who's name started with r-o-b said something
about others whose names started with r-o-b and in-fighting. hang on
then, i think the roberts & robi/yns should *team up*. and forget all
this mix tape stuff; we're more the hand-to-hand combat types. yar!
if i lived closer than 10,000 kms away from primrose hill, there'd be
a few flattened rachels and wills i can tell you that. ah, no, i'm
all bravado. have you ever actually *punched* someone? it's really
rather gross feeling. unless it's your brother, then it's just fine.
i only ever punched one real person, and it was in highschool, so,
y'know. anyway, i'd never ever ever hurt the rachels/wills; they have
too much wit going for them. it's too bad that computer theramin
isn't in-ter-net linkable b/c then we could have a theramin showdown.
boy, is that thing fun.

this robyn works in an office too. but it's a *feminist* office. yes,
we all play synthesizers and sing about the revolution. no. i edit
and everyone else does research. sometimes there is Heated
Discussion. i am glad that we've retained walled offices though.
walls rock!

ooh ooh, Danny said:
"It kind of got me thinking, i remember my friend was
asking me what do i think would happen if there was a superior race
to humans. They were nice and kind but just superior but sometimes
they got mad and just killed one of us. I didn't think about it much
though. It was too sci-fi-esque for me,then he started talking about
giant spiders with eight eyes so, I stopped wondering. He was
wondering why i stopped."

YES! holy crap! imagine if some superior beast started making those
'ack ack ack spit' cat noises at you as it stalked you, mouth
drooling. fear. is there anything redeemable about giant spiders
though? ugh. especially if they were like the one in the tv movie of
'it'. boy did *that* suck. anyway, aren't we all happy that we're the
most superior species on earth? (cue ominous music and overhead shot
from giant spider's point of view.)

ah, anyway, cats are great and i think it's their carnivorous nature
that does it. ha ha ha! it's fun to think that when you're playing
with string with a cat really what you're doing is helping them learn
to *kill*. which is really scary when your cat weighs 25 lbs and
positively massacres the string, making evil noises of
death-to-string all the while.

can anyone deal with 'trouble kid' off the new hefner album? i
cannot. but i can deal with other songs on the album, and even like
some them too. but what's really good is the 'solid steel presents dj
food & dk 'now listen!'. wow, it is awesome. especially the
transition to 'mirror in the bathroom'. i kid you not. and you can
also listen to solid steel sessions on the in-ter-net. so-lid. (but
now i'm thinking about how i owe people mix tapes and how i have lost
my mix-tape focus. i'm busy perfecting a yoga position that should
help.)

so, i hear belle and sebastian did an encore in tokyo. an *encore*! i
thought they were against them (well, they don't seem to do them
anyway). but i hear they really liked japan and that was their last
stop on tour, so... hm. but i can't help feeling that i could have
done *something* to provoke an encore at their vancouver show. i
think that maybe all the advances in robotics in japan created
'encore' mind-control waves. canada is just not doing enough in this
important area of research. (cue ominous music and shot from robot's
point of view.)

things, stuff, skado, and robot love,
robyn
(oh no! i just remembered that there was a guy maddin film on in a
theatre here last night and i missed it! agh. i think i will have to
start pinning notes to my clothes: buy bok choy, bus tickets. see guy
maddin film. never put salt in your eye.)
(also, i bought clothes this weekend. oh geez, oh no, that was *bok
choy money*. but check out this red cord skirt with black velvet
ribbon in geometric design on it!)

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Vancouver, BC