Sinister: Racy Line Dancer Jane

Kenneth P Y Chu pykachu100 at xxx.com
Tue Nov 20 14:53:43 GMT 2001

Hello,

Richard Gillanders talked about his recollections of various proverbs being
misused.  I guess I should put on my coat and ride my bike.. because I have
been known by some friends for years for re-inventing common sayings.

I hear all these wonderful phrases being used by other people and I want to
use them, but I can never remember any of them to stay alive.  So I just
make some up, besides, if everyone use the same mottos all the time it'd
just get really dull.

James Gilmer said:
>>The same goes for Magnetic Fields. I just don't get it; "WOW! 69
completely medicore songs about love sang in mildly different styles!! What
a fucking genius!" <<

I agree, if it were "69 sex songs" it would have been more genius, or even
better, "69 songs about fucking with knives".

Seriously, tho, I don't think I've ever thought the Magnetic Fields were
geniuses BECAUSE they did an album with 69 love songs in it, but rather that
did an album with wonderfully written songs such as "The luckiest guy on the
lower east side" and "All my little words" in it.  Those are as far away
from mediocre as one end of Isobel's arse to the other.

For REAL talent-free zone listen to the Red Bull Dozers:
http://www.cockscrew.com/rbd/

They can't even get their songs to rhyme properly.  If you listen to them,
you won't get it, cos there's nothing to get.

Ian and Richard then talked about the likes of Jimi Hendrix and Led Zapplin
and Cream etc., all with a notorious level of guitar wanking ability?  I
think guitar wanking is a talent, just a different talent to song writing.

If song writing is an art then rawk guitar solos are more like a sport, type
thing.  Both require talents but in different areas.

I might be throwing a straw at the whole boat here but I found that rock
bands are mostly more exciting to watch than an artsy wartsy band, much like
watching a live football match of your favourite team is more exciting than
seeing a painting by your favourite artist in a museum when you've already
seen photos of it ten times (when you go "oooh I've seen it now", and then
walk off after 10 minutes).

For REAL talent-free zone listen to the Red Bull Dozers:
http://www.cockscrew.com/rbd/

They can't even strum their guitars in time.  But I guess at least they
don't smoke on stage.

Is demotion the best form of promotion?  Like how defence is the best form
of attack?

Wrong proverbs and Red Bulls
Ken
P.S.: I think cats killing birds is just cruel, they should be kept inside
houses and be cute and eat only whatever we feed them because that is their
purpose in life.  Birds can eat worms all they like though cos worms are
ugly.