Sinister: my teenage years were wasted all on me

caleb ben moore opaline_moon at xxx.com
Tue Nov 20 21:28:43 GMT 2001

heyhey

i just thought i'd pop in to let you cats know
"what's goin on".

first i must make an official statement defending
my poor poor misunderstood friend stephin
merritt.

the magnetic fields/stephin merritt are/is a
beautiful, tragic, poetic band/person.
 all of their/his songs are works fueled by
unfulfillable longing, loneliness, and love.
not to mention a certain amount of
self-depracating humour & irony.

69 love songs has many many gems on it.  i
whole-heartedly urge all to explore it and to
explore all of stephin merritts works.  you wont
be sorry.

      whew.      ok.      that felt good.

so.....yeah.       anyway, last week i went and
saw the play "tartuffe" at the theatre de la
jeune lune here in minneapolis.  and i was
spellbound by it.  i'm seeing it again tomorrow.
  moliere really knew how to piss people off.

only one week till the new b&s single!

so the other day i was walking in the rain to buy
incense and i ended getting completely soaked and
buying some new strange incense i've never had
before.  i usually just buy nag champa, but i
bought some others too...tibetan rope incense,
some potala, and a little bag of frankincense and
some charcoal to burn it on.   oh and i also
bought the memoirs of j.d. salingers daughter.
it's called "dreamcatcher"  and so far, it's
quite good.
  anyway, i got home, dried off and started
burning some incense.....the potala smells like
B.O.   i'm not kidding.  its very pungent in a
bad way.  the rope incense smells like a prairie
fire. and the frankincense.....well....we had fun
with that.  i lit a charcoal in a smalll bowl and
put a few grains of the incense on it and within
a few minutes the whole flat was full of smoke.
everyone was coughing....after it died down, we
decided that we liked all the incense smoke
wafting about the place, so my friend hiromi
dumped some jasmine oil on the charcoal and it
made a huge cloud of heavy jasmine smoke.  it was
mayhem, let me tell you.  so now, even 3 days
later the place just reeks of jasmine.  which
isnt a bad thing when your underarm smells and
your kitchen looks like hell. (yes that was my
obligatory b&s reference)

so tonight i will go home and call my beautiful
girl, and then i'll finally do the dishes cause
LOVE MOTIVATES.

into amythest eyes
--light refracted
--love enacted
my soul enchanted cries
awash with tears and sighs

i got a new cd thats grate!  Hope Sandoval and
the Warm Intentions.   its the singer from mazzy
star and its so soothing.

  anyway, i'm off.

  many loves and kindness to strangers....
             caleb ben

=====
And when I'm lying in my bed I think about life
and I think about death
and neither one particularly appeals to me
and if the day came when I felt a natural emotion
I'd get such a shock I'd probably lie
in the middle of the street and die
I'd lie down and die  ------morrissey