Sinister: OFFTOPIC: info needed from all London and Edinburgh listees, places, to visit? things to do whilst in London and Edinburgh?:)

Kin WOO daftpunk at xxx.au
Wed Nov 21 08:23:31 GMT 2001

Hey there sinisterinies:)
How YOU doin'? (said in Joey Tribiani from 'Friends' manner, natch) It's
da Kinsta all da way from Perth, Western Australia. Hope everyone is doing
nicely. I'm nearing the end of my exams and so far soalright:) Wish me
luck for last one!
Hard to study though cos am frequently daydreaming about going to London
and Europe in December! I'm off to do my medical elective there: 4 weeks
at Guy's Hospital (doing paediatrics) and 2 weeks at Whipps Cross hospital
(doing A&E) which is VERY exciting. Are any of the listees med students at
either of those hospitals??? Or been there for any reason at all? Tell me
what to expect! I know Guy's is old and Whipps Cross is extremely busy but
anything else? And as for those listees who might be studying there, give
me the full skinny! And maybe could we meet, so I don't feel so lost when
I'm there:)
Also listees in London and Scotland, what are the cool gigs happening
around Dec 2001 to the end of feb 2002? Any sinisterinie get-togethers?
Cos that'd be really ace. Last time I was in London, missed out on a
Sinister shindig at the Poetry Caf with Hefner, which would have been
awesome! So tell me what cool bands, gigs, events are happening in that
time? Am gonna miss out on Alfie which will be a bummer (going backpacking
with a friend from Venice to London in dec). Any other interesting gigs?
Also what are the coolest record shops, where I can score the rarest, most
obscure and hard-to-find CD's (sadly don't own a vinyl player)? I was
introduced to the delights of Rough Trade and the Music and Video
Exchanges which are so amazing. But any other shops? I'll be living with
rellies (that's relatives in Aussie slang) in St John's Wood. Any cool
record shops around there? I need your help Sinisterinies, to score cool
music! What are other worthy record shops to visit?
Okay well hope to hear from some of you soon and take care peeps!
Kin Woo

                  "With a star upon your shoulder
                    Lighting up the path as you walk"
                                           Stuart Murdoch