Sinister: Storytelling mostly

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Wed Nov 21 17:17:19 GMT 2001

Hello Patrick Doyle!

<<Me, Jenna and my Physics teacher are the only people that truly see Belle
and Sebastian for what they really are.>>

I like the sound of your Physics teacher. Did you know that Mad Dog Murdoch
took Physics too? He was rubbish!
http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200005/msg00241.html

Maybe your teacher likes them because he can go out and dance to them
without having to buy a new cardigan or wiping biscuit crumbs off his
trousers first. That's why I do, anyway.

I met BIG STU at the weekend! Hello BIG STU! We saw Pulp at R!O!C!K! City,
and although we didn't manage a picnic and weren't even standing together I
still saw him all night - from anywhere in the room!

Idleberry, I'd recommend you see Ghost World at the weekend because it's
ace. When I saw it they showed a trailer beforehand for Storytelling, which,
as far as I could hear, had all of the new B+S songs on it. The songs sound
pretty good too, but I'm not so sure about the film. From what I've heard
it's been a bit of a disaster, with the third and main part of it being
completely dropped in order to get an R-rating. And I don't know if I'd like
what's left anyway. I didn't enjoy Happiness very much because it wasn't
really about happiness, it was all about laughing at people's misfortune. I
know that's the point, but I didn't like it.

So I like storytelling, but I don't think I'll like Storytelling. I hope I'm
proved wrong, but the way the trailer was pushing the soundtrack, with a big
Jeepster logo splodged on the screen at the end, it looked like the studio
thought the soundtrack had a better chance than the film too.

Jonathan King's being sent to prison! Hooray!

R .