Sinister: And why do you smile when you think about Earl's Court?

Melmoz melmoz13 at xxx.com
Wed Nov 21 19:52:27 GMT 2001

Howdy y'all, this is Melissa (Melmoz) from Texas. Been out of the nursery
for a while now, so thought I might write to make myself known. I got into
B&S just recently (well for about 4 months now) and I am just learning about
the wonders of their music. Actually I have learned SO much from listening
to all of you and now I dig TBS, The Whitlams, Lucksmiths, Sigur Ros,
(sorry, don't know how to put accents over my letters on this keyboard) etc.
Before my initiation into Sinister, I have been only listening to groups
that are local or more mainstream releases from the US/UK. It is hard to
find the more underground UK and Australian groups out here in Dallas,
unless you know what you are looking for. So now I know what to look for,
thanks to you guys.

Since I am new, can someone explain the word 'Twee' to me? I bet it has been
mentioned before, but can't check the logs b/c I am at work. Man, they
really keep the reins pulled on us here with the Internet. Can't do much of
anything, they even blocked Hotmail, so I had to do a little number on my
Outlook Express to get it to access it for me. Work is so refreshing, eh?

I am in graduate school here in Dallas, doing work towards my Master's in
Information Technology. And working 40+ hours a week to boot. It is actually
working out pretty well. And please, don't sing the theme song to the show
'Dallas', there could not be a more misleading interpretation of Texas than
that show! My friend who now lives in London says that she is so tired of
people singing that to her when she tells them where she is from.

I wish I were still in London or Scotland so I could get to meet all of you
guys. I went on a two week tour of the entire island last summer and I just
fell in love with the place. So nice and cool weather-wise, I actually got
to wear jumpers there in June! My very first day on Sinister was the day
that Stacey Dahling submitted her three-part travel journal greatness. I was
totally hooked. (note to Stacey: I love your pictures on your website of
your UK trip! I look at them from time to time to see if I can match names
to faces) Now a major part of my morning every day is spent catching up on
the Sinister emails and wondering about how everyone's lives are going. It
all sounds so foreign and exciting to me, lived here in this town ALL 27
years of my life. My family was also born and raised here so we have no
relations in other countries or states for that matter. Pretty mundane, but
nevertheless it is all I know.

Even when I was in the nursery, I actually emailed and talked with some
Sinistereens and they were greatness! Ken Chu, Sean (Amebix13), Caleb Ben
Moore, and 'Joe Vester' to name a few. Actually I am confused a little by
the names on the emails I get, don't know if the names are actual or made up
so that we can't tell gender or anything. Come to think of it, I might be
the only one who is confused by this.

Got a site for you guys to visit. My friend Kristin has a band in the
Baltimore area called Ellen Cherry. You guys should check them out at
www.ellencherry.com <http://www.ellencherry.com/>. They have some clips to
download from an earlier album so you can see what they sound like. I dig
'em.
Just got Boy with an Arab Strap cd for my birthday. Got the main albums now,
so I need to work on the ep's (or so my friend Vince says).

Talk at you guys soon. Feel free to drop me a line to say hello!

Shrinky-dinks,
Melmoz