Sinister: march goodness by the sea under the sweet grecian sun..for you?

stacey dahling dahling007 at xxx.com
Wed Nov 21 20:08:01 GMT 2001

ok folks
call me mad, but i'm going ahead and planning an athenian picnic
a few MONTHS in advance
but i'm doing this so that all you wacky brits can take advantage of some
FAB cheapo airfare while it's till cheapo
and so you can submit your holiday requests and all that fun stuff (aren't i
sooo practical?)
anyway, the date i have fixed on is:

SUNDAY, MARCH 24

if this is problemmatic for anyone who had planned on coming, let me know
and we'll do something creative maybe.
for everyone else, write it in your calendars
yes!
um and email me if you are even considering coming.

LOGISTICS (including and followed by ENTICEMENTS):

easyjet has insanely cheap flights right now. the sooner you book the better
because the prices increase randomly.
i suggest you make a proper holiday of it and come for a week. i'll be happy
to put you up or find you cheap accomodations (everything is pretty cheap
here) and will entertain you and show you all the sites.
here's what i found:

from london luton to athens, tuesday, march 19, 27 quid
from athens to london on monday, march 25 or tuesday, march 26, 22 quid
(both fares at www.easyjet.com)

i flew a cheap charter flight to london (air2000..eek!) and it was AWFUL. i
flew easyjet back to athens and it was actually quite fab! nice new plane,
lots of room, the stewerdesses were always available but didn't hassle you.
it's a 4-hour flight.
http://www.geocities.com/dahling007

ok..as for enticements:
1) huge bottles of beer for 20p!
2) lovely weather and no tourists!! BEAUTIFUL blue skies and all that
postcard-perfect stuff.
3) joanna and i have chosen the perfect spot already: a park near an
abandoned airport with lush green grass that no one else goes to. PLUS it's
by the sea!!! so after we eat and drink to silliness we can walk along the
beach. mmmm.
4) several sinisterenes on week-long holidays means more than one day of
drinking fun. it means endless fun. it means late nights eating cheap yummy
YUMMY food and drinking cheap yummy wine at a rembetika taverna (traditional
greek jazz); starlight walks among ancient ruins; ISLAND JAUNTS! yes. and
parties at the shack's shag shack itself... in the old brothel district.
awwwwww shit.
5) all this is super cheap.. like, less than 300 quid. probably less than
200 quid.
6) you get to meet MOI (and get guided tours by a real live classicist) and
joanna and dimitra and probably mr. broccoli.

um... do you really need much enticement to take a grecian holiday???

anyway...email me!
lyns, sunny rachel, danny... i know you're interested. anyone else?

waiting...
~dahling

ps: i'm setting b&s members invites as we speak..hehehe!