Sinister: steering locks are round

Kenneth P Y Chu pykachu100 at xxx.com
Thu Nov 22 10:34:24 GMT 2001

Hello,

I was driving along the road a couple of nights ago, still fantastically
tired after all the fun and way too much exercise last weekend, very tired
indeed.

So tired I was in a semi-delusional state, it wasn't long before my stereo
started speaking to me..

"Ken, the fashion brigade look with curious eyes on your raggedy way and for
once in your life you have nothing to say, and could this be the time when
somebody will come to say 'look at yourself, you're not much use to
anyone'?"

"Probably", Ken replied.

"Take a walk in the park, take a valium pill, read the letter you got from
the memory girl, but it takes more than this to make sense of the day. Yeah
it takes more than milk to get rid of the taste"

Then I started thinking about all these weird e-mails I read that all begin
with the word "Sinister:", and I wonder if it took more than these to make
sense of my day.  The stereo wouldn't stop babbling on, about people living
far away from the place, how my efforts to help were a bit of a waste.. I
felt my eyes were watering slightly.  I think I was too tired to contain
myself.

"Now the trouble is over, everybody got paid. Everybody is happy, they are
glad that they came, then you go to the place where you've finally found you
can look at yourself sleep the clock around." the stereo continued.

Emotions just overcome me and all I wanted to do was forget about the world
and sleep around the clock whilst dreaming of the happy times.

Then the stereo said, "Ken watch out for that car in front of you!"  and I
slammed on the brakes of my car, which woke me up.

Guess what, I was late for work the next day, cos I overslept.  Bloody
stereo.

James Gilmer talked a lot last time about pastiche, I had no idea what
pastiche meant so I looked in the dictionary, and I was still none the
wiser.  But apparently Magnetic Field songs are pastiches and that everyone
can do it, I certainly hope more people will write pastiches in that case.

People who are deadpan on stage lack a sense of humour.

Love and Red Bulls
Ken
P.S.: 33 days til Christmas!  That's *less* than 34 days away!!