Sinister: what's new

Kirsten Kenyon chinacat81 at xxx.com
Fri Nov 23 01:43:50 GMT 2001

  it does feel good to be brave.  yes, and sometimes people surprise
you.....sometimes you're expecting a scowl and a red face and a loud
voice, and what you get is someone who listens and asks questions
quietly....and calls you "pumpkin."
   oh yes, pumpkin. no pie for me... thanksgiving....i came down with
a bad headache around three o'clock and took to my room for the
remainder of the evening.  around five, my sister and my cousins and
my puppy came pouring in and jumped on me in my bed and tried to wake
me up, and i tried to be fun but my neck hurt just horribly so i
stayed there under my blankets and had a strange dream about a white-
haired girl who was constantly powdering her face.  i think i went to
high school with her, but never really knew her. it's funny, the
things lodged in the back of our minds...i can't imagine why i dreamt
about that girl.
 when i finally woke up, it was dark outside.  i went downstairs and
the relatives were all sitting around the big table in tweed trousers
and wool sweaters, laughing and picking at the remains of the
evening's feast...butternut soup and roasted potatoes, brined
turkey...the candlelight reflecting off their rosy faces, off the
wine bottles, off the windows.  if i'd had a camera, i could have
taken a nice photograph for an eddie bauer catalog.  or bon apetit.
something.  i ate some green beans and a slice of bread and i had
another beer, and then i was very full and the relatives all went
home, and i thought about how holidays used to be such a big deal.
   i think they probably still could be, but not because they're
holidays....you know?
   i don't know.  today wasn't the best, but things are looking
rather good.

  love kirsten

Care2 make the world greener!