Sinister: march goodness by the sea /Athenian PiCnIc

Joan of Dark joan_of_dark at xxx.com
Fri Nov 23 11:12:53 GMT 2001

well well well.....

Just WHO else could it be in this cruelly small hour in the morning??
*yaawn*
me myself, springing up from my lurkedom to light up the sinister skies like
a firework soon to burn out, only to follow up dahling's post, and after
taking my turn, announcing the 1st official Sinister PicNic in AtHeNs-GrEeCe
in March....

1)People DO come.....
I know this is a reason good enough in itself, but i shall explain in more
detail in the lines to follow....

2)I think the date Stacey chose for is just perfect...the weather starts
getting mild here and the whole scenery gets unbearably beautiful, the air
so sweet and the sky SO blue...
But even if there is any sudden drastic change in the weather forecasts, we
can always have the eating and the drinking held indoors, that is...
a)either Stacey's appartment
(so you get to listen to the bunch of ex-heroin addicts screaming their
lungs out every evening howling their names to each other and the moon...
Nikos:"EIMAI O NIKOOOOOOS!!!"
the rest of the bunch: "KAI O NIKOS EINAI KALAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"
translation: I AM NIIIIICK!
             NICK IS OK AS WEEEEEEL!!!!

tempting , doesn't it sound?? ;o)

b)or my house -i have my very own floor now in the house- and we can throw
empty beer cans and garbage in my hateful neighbours' swimming
pool.....hehehe....once i had thought about throwing a bucket of red paint,
the kind that is used in cooking, in their pool and watch them next morning
when they'd come out in their garden... I haven't carried this out yet but
....with a little help from my friends???...;o)

3)...so if you come here you can do bad bad things with me as well... not
with Stacey...she's an angel in this briery patch of land....

4)here are SO many cool little places we can go to, either for records,
coffee, food or dancing,drinking,acting,silly passing out....

As Stacey had once said...there is an uncovered Greek indie scene, another
world lurking in the shadows and you'd never believe the kind of people you
might see sometimes when you go out in the night... I don't either... If we
are lucky enough a concert might occur as well and that is well.....the best
thing that could ever happen to us... Last year Teenage Fanclub played here
in March...lets see what we get this year...

5)I leave all financial details and logistics(tickets, airports, beer prices
etc)to Stacey as numbers is not my strong point and i think I will involve
myself mostly in the accomodation/entertainment/mapping sort of thing.... I
know some pretty good youth hostels for the ones that'd like to be a bit
more independent and i can provide information to anyone who might ask for
it , or try and find places for people to stay although i think Stacey's
house and mine are enough... I can have one or two girls here at my house
(sorry for the sex restriction but i still live with my parents you see and
eeehh...you know....sorry)

stacey said:
>i flew a cheap charter flight to london (air2000..eek!) and it was AWFUL.

and I say:
people DO avoid this one.... it i smore commonly known among greek students
that study in the UK and fly to and fro all the time as "Death (not in
Vegas,but)2000" so i suppose this makes things pretty clear...

6)the place we've chosen for is just perfect, really, it is very close to my
house, like 2 minutes on foot and its SO quiet and secluded, yet quite easy
to reach as there are two nearby bus stops and another 3 in 5 minutes'
walking distance....( I'll provide the maps as i said)

very green, tall trees, some stray friendly dogs , you know the usual kind
of stuff.... grass blades and ladybirds and babybirds and ants in your
pants, bugs in your bags...eerrrmm.....ok I'll stop... as well as an
abandoned, huuuuge fountain that is usually filled with water...

And we'll be spared the trouble of all sorts of wankers lurking around and
tourists and silly kids and all the noise and nonsense of other parks..not
that there are so many anyway...

so ummm......i think that's enough of enticement already really....
I expect REPLIES YOU KNOW!!! otherwise I'll start threatening, bullying and
bugging you and I'm quite good at this latter one!!

and you get to meet
4 in 1!! No other product can promise you such spectacular results!

OnE: Stacey the Dahling one ( may i call you Spacey from SpaCe, the outer,
Stacey??)
TwO: Joan, always of the Dark
ThReE: Dimitra the ZoZ
FoUr: Broccoli, the Green

that's all from me,

i'm out

PS: Mr Brier Random, is there any random chance you'd honour us with your
presence???? pleeeeeaase?

keep the love lights glowing - little girl's got the blues

~Sonic Youth-Tunic