Sinister: the turkey and pants report

elise j. spry india_claire at xxx.com
Fri Nov 23 16:36:15 GMT 2001

Hello fellow thanks-givers,
Turkey, such a delicious bird.  I has a piece of one
yesterday, which was quite possibly the best turkey
I'd ever eaten.  Usually my mom (who's otherwise a
very good cook) makes the holiday bird, and she cooks
the bejabbers out of it.  It turns out tasty, but
dr-r-r-y.  This time, someone else cooked the bird,
and wow.  Wowie wow wow, was this turkey moist.
Tender and juicy.  I wish it was ours so we could
revel in the moist leftovers, but our friends got to
keep it, as they'd purchased and cooked it.  Man.
That would've been one hell of a sammich.
**Bonus recipie: Best T-G Leftover Sammich Ever**
White bread
Mayo/Miracle Whip/Butter
Turkey
Cranberry relish, spread thin on top of mayo
Thinkly sliced red onion
Dark green lettuce or spinich
= one damn good sandwich
********************************
Pants.  A lot of us think about how our pants fit
around these holiday times of overeating.  Maybe some
older ones of us have special overeating pants,
complete with 52-inch elastic waist, extra buttons,
and balloon seat.  I have had the opposite problem as
of late.  All of my pants are mysteriously getting
bigger.  At first it was subtle, and I thought they'd
stretched out between washes, as many pants do.  But
now it's spread like a benign stretching disease to
all my pants, even my formerly too-small ones.  Most
of them I can slip on and off without un-buttoning or
-zipping.
On one hand, this is a good thing, cos I assume I'm
getting skinnier (which for most girls is *always* a
good thing).  But now I look like a ragamuffin or a
bum in my too-big pants, pulling up as I walk.  I
suppose I should 1) get a better belt, or 2) shut the
hell up and stop bugging you nice people about my
pants problems.
And I thank you for listening.  Or reading, as it
were.
Much love to Sean, Jimmy, Kirsten K, Rachie Frootloop,
Monchichi An, Stine (hope you're doing okay!), and
everyone else I neglected.  I didn't do it on purpose,
I'm just memory-poor.  And friend-rich :)
Kisses or hugs to all,
elise