Sinister: i had a window day

Kirsten Kenyon chinacat81 at xxx.com
Sun Nov 25 01:29:57 GMT 2001

  elizabeth were quite collegiate last night.  at least, that's what
someone said.  it didn't last, anyway.  we sat down with two boys i
sort of know and had a long discussion about milwaukee's public
education system.  then one of the boys got distracted by elizabeth's
exciting new cigarette lighter, and the conversation sort of fizzled
into something silly.  i mentioned emily and her song about anemia,
because one of the boys had played it on a guitar a long time ago, in
the same place where we were sitting.  one of the boys pointed out
that he was wearing the outfit emily said made him look like holden
caufield.  there was a strange old couple sitting in the corner.  the
woman was wearing a fringed blanket as a dress and heavy jewelry, and
the man was in a flannel shirt.  they had their eyes closed, and they
weren't talking at all but every few minutes they would both laugh as
though one of them had told a joke.  they were quite isolated from
everyone else, and far enough into the corner that they couldn't well
have been laughing at overheard bits of conversations.  we decided
they must be 'too cool for verbal communication.'
  and got sort of jealous.
  so we toyed with the notion that we might be 'too ool for
onsonants,' and for several minutes we only used them selectively.
but none of us could talk that way with a straight face for long.  so
i guess we weren't ool enough.
   i drank six glasses of water at the teahouse before i realized
that it was a bit pointless trying to do something healthy in a place
so thick with smoke that i was tempted to pour the water into my eyes
rather than drink it.
   my parents have gone to the wisconsin dells for the night.  three
boys just walked through the front door with beer and guitars.  my
brother's worried i'm going to blow out a speaker.  i think i might.
it's quite loud in here...my parents. they said they'd have a lot of
time to 'talk' in the car.  i can't imagine what else they'd be
doing.  i would much rather smoke in a car than talk in a car, but my
folks probably wouldn't agree.  so....yes.
  today at work, my boss asked me if i'd have trouble telling people
what to do.  i think that i would..but it means a raise, so i said
no.  so now i have noodle authority, apparently.  officially.  rock.
  love
  kirsten (who would be 'irsten,' if only....)

Care2 make the world greener!