Sinister: listening to you reminds me of a motor's endless drone...and how the death are so damn lucky.

nafees saeed nafees at xxx.com
Sun Nov 25 21:37:00 GMT 2001

my dad woke me up at 5 am this morning.  i acted surprised even though i
knew he was going to.  today was to be our trip to london, although you
could hardly call it a trip...more of a drive down there drop something off
then come back type thing.  it's strange waking up at 5 am because it
doesn't actually feel as if it's a new day, it just feels like an extension
of the previous day.  sort of like when you fall asleep in the evening and
wake up again thinking you've been asleep forever when in fact you've only
been asleep for an hour.  what was nice was having my dad make me breakfast.
he hasn't done that since i was four or something and though it was only
toast which were indeed burnt and had an uneven distribution of margarine
(the first few had loads, the rest barely had any) it was still nice.  the
world's dead at 5am, i suppose it can be because people don't really have a
good reason to be out that early.  apart from paperboys.  although our
paperboy's gone a bit slack really, he's forgotten that he's actually
supposed to put the paper through the letterbox so he just leaves them to
get wet on the drive way.  do you remember that game paperboy?  today i
realised that british motorways are actually really boring.  there's nothing
to them, it's just fields and industrial plants.  occasionally there'll be a
reservoir.  i dunno what they could do to make them more interesting,
perhaps animated road signs? another thing...trucks.  they're big and scary,
i think every truck we drove past almost crashed into us or felt the need to
beep their horn... eddie storbart drivers wear uniforms, that's great.

long car journey's are really bad.  some people like them, but i just can't
stand sitting still for so long, is that a bad thing?  especially when you
see the same things over and over again.  we couldn't agree what to put on
the stereo so we compromised on simon & garfunkel.  which inevitably brought
out the "they don't come as good as this anymore" comments from my dad.  we
stopped at some service station, which didn't break the trend of all other
service stations in the country; a burger king, arcade machines, some sort
of wh smith type store, a restaurant which has a "tea and cake" special and
some people who are giving out free samples.  today it was "echo" chocolate
bars.  once i got four free bottles of sunny delight...which may not be a
good thing.  didn't really get to do much in london, when my dad went to
drop stuff off at his client's place i went and bought a paper and wandered
round.  i saw these people who were dressed up like wizards who were
probably on their way to see harry potter.  my local cinema has this
competition where they take photos of people who dressed up to go and see
it, then they'll give a "mystery prize" to the best one.  when i was younger
i always used to enter competitions to win a "mystery prize" but alas i
never won.  i just comfort myself by thinking that they were crap and that
people only ever won toothbrushes or pencils.

my parents hosted a dinner party the other night, i don't like it when that
happens.  it's not that i don't like my parents' friends it's just that
they're a bit...boring.  if an alien ever came to one of them they'd think
that all middle age people ever talked about was cars and houses, and
occasionally holidays.  i just hid in my room and listened to arab strap
records.  i like that "shag pop" genre that somebody termed on a post a
while back.

---

some people were talking about b&s miss hearings, mine was quite recent.
you know that bit in 'take your carriage clock and shove it' where it goes
"you have whined to you got what you want"? i thought it was "you have
wanked till you got what you want".  it's strange the way miss hearings
always seem to be smutty.

i've drank too much orange juice.

take care,

nafees.