Sinister: things that make you go *swoon*

juju cat stringbeanjean2 at xxx.com
Mon Nov 26 22:16:42 GMT 2001

halo sinister.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm autumn..

i came to my day job this morning with it in mind to get work done, since i
forgot my c.v. i was going to update it, maybe start looking for another
job... but i'm half wishing i could get laid off just to be able to sleep
through december. i love the way the water streams down the windows, proving
the chill outside, knowing it's toasty cozy inside my cocoon. harrison, my
lover cat, snuggles with me. he's the softest thing, and so warm to wake up
to. my own little hairy potter. but last night, i discovered he's afraid of
the heater. he cried when it came on. he hid under the bed. it was the first
time we've had the heater on since last winter. i hope he gets used to it,
cos i do adore the warm draft through my lashes as i'm lounging about... and
it would break my heart to have a winter with either a sad kitty or a cold
wood floor.

last night i put all my clothes away. that is quite a task for a
clotheshorse. especially with a closet smaller than a refrigerator. i wonder
why i can't let go of all those silly band tees? most of them are either
faded to the last bit of color any thread could hold, or ten sizes too big.
sometimes i give the excuse that someday i could have kids, and they'd the
coolest kids on the block wearing my old tees. but mostly i tell myself that
i have plans to make a quilt out of all of them. what a patchwork that would
be: meat is murder next to republic diagonal from glory box... perhaps i'll
give in to the notion soon: if harrison doesn't take to the heater, i'll
certainly be in need of another duvet.

i'm catching up to us: the past month of sinister mails that i've been too
busy to spend much time with... i mussay, there have been some loverly
moments. i'm swooning. sinister, i think i'm in love with you. and just as
my headphones sang 'friday i'm in love', i read caleb ben's post:
"...of course this is all very sudden, i admit,
but it's just such a marvelous feeling to revel
in, i really think it's going to be THE
fashionable thing to do this autumn. you'd be
smart to jump on the wagon folks, cause the love
train's about to leave the station...."
true, that!! i always love caleb's posts cos he has the knack for bring up
all things swoonable, and sure this post in particular is from nearly a
month ago, but it made me all swirly inside again! and i'm craving that
feeling... the one that makes your whole body want to scream out to the
world how grate it feels. and i'm on the verge.. one touch from *him* and
i'd certainly fall head-over-heels.. but i'm being held back by sense, or
reason, or doubt, or.. ?. (his, not mine- if it were up to me, i'd be in
love everyday.)

we should make lists of swoonables... categorize them like jeopardy.
swoonables in rock:
$100 bowie's 'heroes'
$200 the split-second drum intro to omd's 'if you leave'
$300 the psych furs
$400 cocteau twins' 'blue bell knoll'
$500 barney sumner's 'ow'
$1000 stuart's piano posture

ok, i can't swoon anymore. it's like sugar overdose.

hearts,

juju