Sinister: ...epilogue

Ola Szkudlapska ola1212 at xxx.pl
Tue Nov 27 17:40:27 GMT 2001

hello for the second time today!

i did go out to try and get tickets for thursday's gig... and what a
magnificient failure it was.

i had checked carefully where the club was on the map - not that far from
where i live actually..  i went by tram. i think b&s should have made a
t-shirt with a tram. i love them. i even managed to get off on the right
stop. hurray! it was this huge busy roundabout, with loads and loads of
cars/trams/buses passing, and no traffic lights. i had to cross the street
running, because i was scared someone would run me over if i just walked. it
worked - no one did run me over (obviously). a few cars even stopped to let
me pass.

which doesn't change the fact i couldn't find the street, where the club was
supposed to be. i walked in the wrong direction for a while. then i turned
back. then i walked into another street before suddenly bumping into the
right one.

'oh hello!', i exclaimed. 'fancy seeing you here!'

i looked around. ooh what a grim and dark area. small grey buildings next to
small grey buildings next to a big grey place offering cement, plaster,
concrete and sand. hmm. i walked round a bit and found a grey car service
station. i walked round a bit more and some lewd old man started talking to
me. i escaped.

and found myself in front of *another* club. the one i *wasn't* trying to
find. it's cube-shaped and grey too, and it used to belong to some factory
before being converted to the Central House of Qulture. oh well.

i walked back to the other street. naturally, i could try to ask someone to
show me the way but
a) the people i met were either lewd old men or workers of the car service
station
b) the club is called 'Bakery'. perhaps it's in a building which used to be
a bakery, all the best clubs used to be something else in the past. ;)
how could i come up to somebody and ask: 'excuse me, do you know where the
bakery is? oh, it's a club by the way.'

hmm. :) so i decided to walk right to the end of that short dark street. i
was so focused on trying to make out the building's numbers that i stepped
into a deep puddle. i didn't even feel my whole left foot was wet - perhaps
it was because the water instantly froze on me. ah well. i was about to
concede defeat and go back to the scary roundabout when - lo and behold - i
went into some gateway and there, behind a massive metal door was 'The
Bakery'(!)

only it was closed.

i tried using the huge knocker but to no avail. no-one showed up to sell me
tickets. that's what happens to an avid music fan like my poor self.

so i went back home and called up my musician friend to cheer myself up and
ask him what time his band were playing tomorrow. he wasn't sure. :)

anyway, i'd better start studying (and essay writing ;-)

take care and sorry for bothering you all twice today(!)

olalala

--

Tego nie znajdziesz w zadnym sklepie!
[ http://oferty.onet.pl ]