Sinister: Avant-Goth and the patheticisms of intellectuals.

Joe Vester machiavellian_llama at xxx.com
Tue Nov 27 21:43:51 GMT 2001

A little kid at school asked me if I was a goth. Hahahahaha! Funny. I was
wearing a corduroy shirt and flared corduroy trousers and a cardigan at the
time. This prompts me for a new subject at school, called "Youth Studies".
You would get taught about slang and what swearwords mean, and then be shown
pictures, like

TEACHER:This is an indiekid, now can anyone tell me what kind of trainers
indiekids wear?
PUPIL 1:They all wear different ones with very small logos 'cos they want to
be different
TEACHER:Now, where would you go if you were going to a Goth party and wanted
to look like everyone else there?
PUPIL 2:Camden.
TEACHER:A Merit mark to Susie! For your homework, you have to write a brief
summary of 5 diiferent youth subcultures: Indiekids, Goths, Nu-Metal fans,
Rudeboys and Skaters. That's for thursday.

It would be cool wouldn't it. And then little kids would know I wasn't a
goth.
    Goths are irritating, I know, but has anyone else met a phenomenenenenen
even more irritating? The Wannabe Goth. These are people who think: Hmmmmm,
I want to be different and stand out from the crowd, so, they buy some
bracelets and carefully construct rumours around themselves involving
"Chemical imbalances" in their brain. And talk about Pentagrams and listen
to System of a Down. These are truly the twats of this earth. What really
irritates me, though, Is that they don't like go for the proper goth thing,
they just sort of make a really half-arsed attempt  to get attention. If
they were proper goths, they'd get piercings and wear far far too much
mascara and really be goths but they are just to cowardly to do that. they
want to stand out, but without being called freaks. I really, really
dislike them.

I bought a CD yesterday. it's quite good, but to be honest, I would never
have bought it if it had been just by any band and I'd heard it on the
Radio. The second track is great, I dance around the room to it but all in
all, the experiance is underwhelming considering what amazing music they
have produced in the past. Yeah, it's Ok, but nothing too great and for a
B&S single it ain't up to much.

OK, I'm off now to buy a shield to fend off the spiky mail that will fly at
me after thse comments.

!Viva Rachels!

Rachel Pancake/Joe Vester

P.S. I'm gonna have pancakes for breakfast tomorrow, by the way, as a
tribute to my female alter-ego.
P.P.S. Inside every lanky boy is a fat girl who loves pancakes.
P.P.P.S Not to suggest anything _whatsoever_ by that. I'm not specifying
what it doesn't suggest, just so as to keep all options covered.