Sinister: listen to me, i sound like i'm 13

juju stringbeanjean1 at xxx.com
Wed Nov 28 01:11:45 GMT 2001

halo sinister..

i am running awfully late for my nightly piano gig,
but i had to tell you something:

he called me.. from pulp. in cambridge. just a few
hours ago. i work in an icebox, otherwise known as an
IT room, and my mobile gets no signal in there, so i
missed the call.. but you see, it is some sort of
tradition we have, to call each other from shows that
the other cannot attend for some reason.. so it's like
we were there.. he called me from radiohead as i was
lying half asleep in bed. i called him from new order
as he was stuck at work on a project. then i called
him from ivy on my birthday cos he was too exhausted
from staying over to late the night before to make
it.. (he lives a few hours away and had to drive
straight to work, you know..) and then there was the
request he put in for a cover, so i called him from my
show when we did "your silent face".. so it was his
turn to call i guess.. the song he chose to call me
for today was "something changed"..

as i was racing home to change attire, the traffic
seemed to slow me up in time to hear through the
static- that familiar melody.. and i felt my fat
bottom lip suddenly morph into a thin tight line
pointing from one ear to the other like a tennis net
strewn across my face, which promptly forced tears to
shoot out from my eyes like tennis balls from a
machine. somebody backhand me, please.  i am fighting
with myself over the question "is 1:00 to early to
call somebody, even in the uk?"

arg. the longer i wonder, the later it gets.

blame it on Amélie. i saw it last night. maybe it
struck too many harmonious chords in me, and now i
have to sing about it. but i woke up feeling a smile
inside- like somehow the day wasn't as broken as
usual.. ?

he flies home tomorrow. i can't wait. i just had to
tell you he called, cos it means that much to me.

"where would we be now if we'd never met? would i be
singing this song to someone else instead? i don't
know, but like you just said.. something changed.."

*sigh*

ok
gotta jet

hearts,