Sinister: ain't nobody that can sign like me

amy.longcore at xxx.com amy.longcore at xxx.com
Wed Nov 28 01:52:08 GMT 2001

Hello sinister.

I trust most thanksgivings have gone well. Mine was a casual affair.
I spent more time at my parents' house than I have in awhile, and it was
good.
Didn't feast too much, but relax too much I did. Just 4 days off and it was
enough
To send me into my "I wanna be a housewife" conundrum I get into now and
then.
I don't know how "wife" enters into it, but I do want to be a house.
Hmmm?.
Happy cheers mate day to the rest of you lot. Hee.

Today I got some sad news. A former co-worker of mine, Beth, passed away
this last Friday.
Her death has me thinking?.
You see, just over a year ago she said she was going to move to another
town, get
Another job.  She claimed to be doing this for her daughter, who has
special needs.
Her daughter resided in a local group home, and they aren't so good around
here
(I know, I worked for one for a few years, local mental health is bad here,
thanks to our governor, and major cuts have been made, especially in my
county). This sweet mom wanted to move to a larger town,
She'd been investigating some outstanding homes for her daughter there. She
said she wanted to make sure
Her daughter had a better, stable life, and plus, they had more relatives
in that lil' area of the world.
Within a few months of her moving, word gets out that she has colon cancer.
I spoke with someone last week that told me she was in remission and was
promoted on her job.
Now, BAM. These situations always sneak up on me like that. It makes no
sense.
Not that it didn't sneak up on her, being in remission and all?but you
understand.
Now I feel/think that Beth knew all along what she was doing, and just
didn't want us to know
About her cancer. That sweet lady?If that's the case, why did she choose to
go through that alone?
How strong can you be? People often amaze me. This is the 5th person I've
known at my work who has died of cancer. In 3 years only.  Growing older is
wearing me out. Can I be 17 again, just for a little while?  Please?

So, no Chicago for me this weekend. It's my mom's birthday AND I've had
plans to go out with some girls on this night for a long time now. Can't
let them down, now, can I?

NP: Billy and Wilco "way over yonder in the minor key"
Ooh, lovely. I'm still in major Billy Bragg mode.

So, some wacky virus shit has been going down lately.
Check out what happened to me?
Last week I was downloading songs from Morpheus like crazy, and being the
trusting
Idiot that I am didn't have any anti-virus software going.
For poops and giggles I thought I'd get "I hate Morrissey" by Ween.
I don't hate Morrissey, but I hadn't heard an idiot Ween song in years,
And thought I'd get a giggle.
Later that afternoon, I went back to my computer to see what songs
Completed their journey onto my hard drive.
I clicked the mean Ween file to open and play in winamp, when?
Oh dear. Right before my eyes every one of my mp3 files turned into
Some vbs dos bullshit. Not good. It was the love letter worm.
Moral of the story?  Ween fans are evil, OR, some corrupted, sad,
Bedroom-devoted Morrissey fan has finally found a way to get back
At the world for all of the pricks and teasing he's ensued due to his love
for Morrissey.
Either way, it's not fair to me! Hell, I've loved Morrissey since I was 12
and ran to the mall
After babysitting to pick up the queen is dead on tape! Egad!

Basquiat, asked RAW. Well, yes. I adore that film.
I also adore his works. What I'd really like is one of those
Andy Warhol vs. Jean Michelle posters for that show they did.
Those boys in boxing gloves, how great!
Some really great music in that film as well.

And, finally, postcards. I got one a few years that still hangs on my
fridge.
Some friends trekked across Europe by rail, and after their stop in Ireland
I got a beautiful little card, which states, "Guinness is good for you".
Awwww Yeah!

Take care everyone,
Amy(jacks)

p.s. I love the new ep. too cute!