Sinister: There's poison under the sink of course, and enough formaldehyde to kill a horse

Matthew Henderson lokar20 at xxx.com
Wed Nov 28 05:45:51 GMT 2001

Hello everyone,

It's been a while.

The past few weeks have been strange.  Does anyone know what it's like to
feel completely and utterly helpless?  I do.  Now.  I've lacked all sorts of
motivation, and because of it, I can't get anything done at all. It's just
been an endless parade of cigarettes and laying around.  Also some Buffy
thrown into the mix, which I'm just now getting addicted to.  It's awful.
I'm broke, so I'm not eating right (unless Jeno's oven baked pizzas for 99
cents and a Southern Up to drink count).  I'm not getting nearly enough
sleep, mostly because I lack the motivation to go to my room and sleep.
I've barely left the house, except for school and to hang out for hours on
end at my favourite record shop, while the guy from Widnes mocks my love of
'wimp-pop'.  Sadly, the record shop is usually the highlight of my day.  I
haven't even really felt like listening to Belle and Sebastian, so I
haven't.  It's just Magnetic Fields and the Pet Shop Boys (the new DVD is
great by the way), and that fails to get to me like it used to.  For a long
period of time, anyway.  Finals and papers and applications are hanging over
my head, and I can't stand it.  Worse than that, I can't get ANY of it done.
  I planned on working on all that stuff hardcore over Thanksgiving break,
but I did virtually none of it.  I just loafed around and felt shitty.  I
tried to break up the monotony by going to Birmingham (not THAT one) to see
the Strokes again.  The 48 minutes was very enjoyable, but that and
listening to Tom Waits the night before were the absolute highlights of the
week.  And I didn't even finish the Tom Waits album.  Ah well, bitch bitch
bitch.

I thanked the Maker for the new single, which I should have been able to get
yesterday.  However, my favourite record shop's order has been screwed up,
so I have to wait until tomorrow at 2 pm at the latest for it.  I can't buy
it anywhere else, because then I'll feel dirty.  God must hate me.

Speaking of God, Ian mentioned my favourite movie, The Seventh Seal.  There
is something intensely moving about the knight staring into the girl who is
about to be burned's eyes.  Was that proper grammar?

I just tonight caught up on 67 sinister emails, and now I'm writing to you
all as my reward (and your punishment).

Jeremy, don't apologize (if that's what you were doing) for your comments on
betrayal.  I love it when people tell it like it is.  Is that how it really
is then?

This city is closing in on me.  I'm horribly tired of it.  I wish I could
just up and move.  Although on the way to the strokes, me and my friends
took back roads all the way through Alabama, and we got to see the real
local flavour of the 2nd most polluted state in the union (too bad
Mississippi had to let them detonate a nuclear device).  There was a large
high school on the side of the road that is now abandoned.  There was a
large oak tree growing through the roof of the gym.  It was absolutely
inspring.  It's near the town where they have the annual catfish festival.
How exciting!

Enough about me.

-Matt