Sinister: Winding down to The Smiths

Peter Carter p.carter at xxx.uk
Wed Nov 28 11:58:22 GMT 2001

Listening to The Smiths while the batteries on your walkman fade is a
strangely exhilarating experience. Especially when you're on a bus, stuck in
traffic after an early morning rain storm. The sound of Morrissey's voice
slowly winding down and fading, the backing distorted in the background is
wonderful. It really gives the wet miserable outdoors a new context. Forgive
me if this experience doesn't translate well into writing, I just thought it
had to be written down.

I got the new B&S single yesterday and it's great great great. I think 'Marx
and Engels' is my favourite track, but they are all good. The first to
tracks can also be added to my ever-growing Party Music category with which
I can oppose the evils of Destiny's Chilled that my housemates so often
inflict. They told me yesterday that a lot of my music is rubbish because it
has no beat. Sometimes something you can dance to is the last thing that you
need.

And kids, feel free to check out www.ciahq.fsnet.co.uk/fastcow/ , there are
1500 of you, and it's only had 402 hits total, so I'm sure a few more of you
could manage a visit ;).

Peter