Sinister: Making Homes From Novellettes, or something like that.

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Wed Nov 28 16:14:36 GMT 2001

Hello once more.

I've been quiet of late. I think that's so that the Stud Muffin Fiasco could
die down. On the subject, before we pronounce it dead (what's that? I'm the
only person still going on about it? Um...), Ms Fruitloop said:

>>it depends on what your definition of Stud Muffin is! I'd wager you're a
>>bit of a stud muffin!

To which there can really be no response. Apart from that one.

So. York University has accepted sponsorship by those lovely baby-killers
Nestlé. Which angers me slightly, but then again makes me chuckle
resignedly, and makes me think of banned Super Furry Animals records. All
together now -  "...they don't give a fuck about anybody else, you know
they..."

Joe Vester made the frighteningly insightful point that:
>>Inside every lanky boy is a fat girl who loves pancakes.

Yet another poignant observation from the Boy Vester. I totally concur, but
must add that the whole posession-by-compulsive-eater thing is a reciprocal
thing too, as many a lardy bird will tell you.

David Moore then said:
>>Apologies for sending stupid draft to bore the pants off 1500 listees.

I personally thought that was a homage to the likes of Mr Gillanders, and a
fine one at that. More. Of the same. Please.

As for the new EP, I like it, but I do agree that something's missing. The
vocals on I'm Waking Up To Us sound like Struan doing a very bad, drunken
Elvis Costello impression, but a fine song it is anyway. I Love My Car
sounds like something that Beatles did on The White Album or Rubber Soul
when they were pissing about. Marx & Engels is slightly wonderful though,
and definitely a return to form of sorts. It's very telling that they did
that one all by themselves, and it's by far the best one.

I can only assume the sight of Isobel in red leather on the back will make a
legion of indie-boys happy...

Right then. I'm off to the Nestlé Lecture Theatre. I shit you not.

love,

Asm.x