Sinister: Pheasant in the snow

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Wed Nov 28 16:20:32 GMT 2001

Hey kids

Oooh, it's cold today isn't it?

Luckily I've been saving on my central heating bills because I've been
*dancing* to I'm Waking Up To Us. I think it's ace! I'm really starting to
like the way Belle and Sebastian have gone slightly bonkers recently.

"Miller" said

>What do we think of the NEW RECORD? I'm a bit disappointed, but I
>don't know why. I think it's GRATE, but as CHRISSIE HYNDE would
>say, "something is gained, something is lost".

Then he said something filthy. I think Peter must have bought the edition
with the gatefold sleeve to see that much of the doggie and all it's
"glory". The doggie on mine was just wearing a red jacket, har har!

I think the record sounds a lot more professional, and that's a double edged
sword I suppose. Now that Stuart's a celebrity I see that he hires his dogs
from Dave "Creature Features" Stewart's professional pooches. There was a
time when he'd have gone along to Madame Bow-Wows like the rest of us. I
like the song a lot, though, especially the dangerous bassoon.

Oooh, it's chilly, I think I'll wear my hat.

When I was a member of our local nature club we went out for a walk one day
in weather like this. There was frost on the ground and on the leaves it
looked as soft as fur but bit your fingers if you touched it. We were told a
story about a pheasant who had been out too long in the cold so its tail
fell off. They showed us the tail as a grim reminder so that we'd remember
to use our "Pheasant Sense" if we ever saw one caught in the cold. I felt
like that poor pheasant yesterday when I walked home. The wind was so cold I
thought my legs were going to fall off. They didn't, thankfully, because my
bus came in time, but I think I'll have to buy some long johns.

I wonder if Stuart David plays on Marx and Engels or if it's a different
version. I wonder what's happened to Lord Anthony too. I like it when Struan
gets all angry and revolutionary, trying to subvert the state with his
unconventional song structures. Don't you?

Brr!

Robin x

ps: "breams" - cheer up, you daft bugger!
pps: Patrick - do your homework!