Sinister: I hate christmas

Ana Ribeiro anaivaklam at xxx.br
Thu Nov 29 16:06:09 GMT 2001

         I agree with every single word Daniela said about X-mas. "I hate
Christmas. I hate this time when people are obligated to get along with
others they don't like, or they don't even know the names. I consider
Christmas time hypocrit and I hate the end of the year."
         You know, X-mas for me is when grandpas and grandmas (both sides)
arrives at MY place (I'm 18, so I still live with my parents, arght.... but
my father's parents are reeally lovely. Too bad I can't say the same about
mom's parents...). That's when I get to lend my car and drive people here
and there - so they can visit the important places (I live at Brazil's
capital), that's when I have to pretend I'm all happy because my aunts are
here, and pretend I agree with every single comment they make about my
clothes (black all the time, I sometimes do look a little goth, sorry you
folks who said you hate them.... even though I'm not goth. I just like to
wear black clothes and make-up)... pretend I like to be asked a hundreds of
times about the boyfriend I don't have... pretend to enjoy being with the
aunts who go tell dad I arrived home at 2 am (that's my
coming-back-home-hour), "how does he let his little daughter (I'm the
oldest) arrive that LATE?" oh gosh, I hate that.
         I really hate pretending.
         The Universities' strike is over, so I must start having all my
classes (I was just having 3 out of 7) next week, and that means no
vacations for Ana for the next year, and maybe the other one... that sucks.
         But a nice thing happened today, maybe that's why I'm writing...
there aren't many B&S fans here (Brasília). I was at college, waiting for
my class to start, and I was walking and singing Le Pastie de la Bourgeoise
and this cuuute guy stopped me and said "A Belle and Sebastian fan? I must
be dreaming..." and we started talking and that made me happy for the rest
of the day (when I started writing that x-mas thing I wasn't, of course,
but I remembered this and now I'm happy again!)
         All right, that's it, I guess.
         Take care
         Ana

ps: so now there are 3 brazilians on this list who hate the x-mas... and
for the very same reason... and thx beto for remembering me how ridiculous
it is to put a pinus tree with fake snow on it and guys dressed in red like
it was -10°C out there... when it's actually almost 30°C....

"You don't get something for nothing
You can't have freedom for free
You won't get wise with the sleep still in your eyes
No matter what your dreams might be"
(Rush, Anthem)