Sinister: I'm baking buns for us - they're a disaster...

Robert Brennan rob_brennan at xxx.uk
Thu Nov 29 21:38:35 GMT 2001

...all burned and everything.

Yoyoyo!

Lots of you (though not all of you) have been saying
how the new ep rocks a phat one.  I have to agree -
EYEWOOTY is ace and a huge improvement on the
OK-until-I-saw-it-live-then-it-was-fantastic JD.  ILMC
makes me grin like an idiot and Marx & Spencers is
just lovely.  Mmmm.

Liz D. said:
"Do nu-rockers buy their skinny black jeans from the
same shops nu-metallers get their unfeasibly wide blue
ones from...?"

My nearest recorded music emporium (Reflex Records,
Albert Road, Southsea) caters to this city's only
subculture by doing a sideline in said
overly-capacious jeans and hoodies that say things
like 'slipknot' and 'korn' on them.  They're displayed
in the window in the approximate shape they would be
if worn by a sullen teenager but with a cut-out of
Jeremy Beadle's head at the top.  That made me laugh.
Once.

Stacey D. said:
"I?ve started reading ?A Heartbreaking Work of
Staggering Genius? by Dave Eggers and it is SO
fantastic!"

It is isn't it!  Made me laugh forever.  And Dave
Eggers' writing style is very easy to parody:
http://www.modernhumorist.com/mh/0005/harry/

Miss Hodottir said:
"Au revoir"
Which made me a wee bit sad.  Hope you find a new
brilliant career soon.

My flatmate bought a spanking new amp and its just
occurred to me that I've never listed to the stereo
version of Pet Sounds on it.  Later people...

Robster