Sinister: i made her mother smile.

nafees saeed nafees at xxx.com
Thu Nov 29 23:46:52 GMT 2001

last night i was looking for a book to do some research from and i couldn't
find it.  i looked everywhere in my room and eventually i tried under the
bed.  it wasn't there but i found something better.  it was a shoebox full
of mini discs with no labels on, i put it to one side and forgot about it.
when i got back from college today, i lay on my bed and decided to put one
of them on.  it was just the most beautiful music ever.  i don't know what
it is but it's just so lush, all these guitars, cellos, violins, trumpets
etc... doing all these really amazing songs.  i don't ever remember
listening to this before so i have no idea what it is.  i don't even think i
want to.  you know when you hear music and see you see all these images in
your head?  it was like that, just great.

even though i hate busses they are eventful.  i was on the bus home from
manchester the other day and i saw the oddest thing ever.  there was this
guy who was standing up and this girl sitting down.  the guy was standing
next to the girl and you could hear them talking, you couldn't make out what
they were saying but you could hear them.  after a few stops and more people
got off it got quieter, you could hear them then.  the guy had managed to
tell the girl his entire life story and even managed to let her let him hold
her hand.  she reluctantly gave him his phone number and in return he gave
her his tooth which he said "was falling out anyway".  how lovely.  it'd be
ace to have that confidence, just manage to do that with someone.  i wish i
could.  i've spent the last twelve weeks trying to make a girl notice me,
which sometimes she does.  sometimes she doesn't.  sometimes our
conversations rarely go past the weather or work we haven't done.  once i
spent an afternoon with her, just talking to her and it was great.  ever
since that she hasn't talked to me much and she's never around.  you know
when you know you would be good with someone but there's like a really big
barrier in the way? it's like that.  oh yeah, she's got a boyfriend too.

whenever i look at the monitor it shakes.

---

crying girl came round the other night.  me and crying girl used to be
really good friends but for some reason we're not anymore.  for a while now
she's made me feel different, although we're the same age she makes me feel
like a twelve year old, she always seems to be doing so much more than i am.
i know she only came round because her house is near mine and because of the
convenience of it all, but i couldn't exactly tell her to go home.  she came
in and i sat her down and she told me about all her grown up problems that i
have no idea about.  and she kept on crying.  i didn't really know what to
do, but somebody told me that honey on toast makes people feel better.  we
didn't have any honey so i used nutella.  i took it to her but she didn't
want it, so i sat there eating it whilst she continued to cry and talk about
stuff.  i don't even think i was listening properly but after a while she
stopped crying, got up, hugged me then went home.  she felt better, and i
felt kinda good too, and all i did was eat toast and daydream.

the new single is great.  kinda funky too, i like the new 60s thing they're
doing.  i think i like "marx and engels" the best, i get the image of stuart
and some girl inside some launderette in winter whilst in rains outside.  i
don't know why, but i walk funny whenever i hear "i love my car"...i need to
sort that out.

i used to think george bush looked like a monkey, now around christmas his
ears have changed and he looks like an elf.  tony blair still looks like a
goblin though.

take care,

nafees.