Sinister: ease your virus in the sea (PLEASE READ)

Kenneth P Y Chu pykachu100 at xxx.com
Fri Nov 30 12:00:59 GMT 2001

Please read: This is a public health message for sinister members.

I think a few of you (especially those who have posted recently) would have
been receiving mysterious e-mail messages from various members of the list.
Titled Re: Sinister: whatever your message was.  With some kind of
attachments like Card.doc.pif or great music.mp3.pif.  They are mostly
characteristically 40k in size.  And the tell tale sign is the ".PIF"
extension in the file name, "great music.mp3.pif" may *look* like an mp3
file, but it isn't because the extension is actaully .pif which is a
runnable program (and thus, probably a virus, why else would it be
disguising itself as an mp3).

I think this virus transmits itself by replying to every message you receive
with a virus, and therefore something like this list would be very
vulnerable as everytime you post someone would send you a virus (it's ok as
long as you don't open the attachment) and so please, be careful.

If you think you have a virus (e.g. if you've opened something like that
recently - for example a supposed mp3 file that did nothing).  Write me and
I'll find out how to get rid of the virus for you.  Or if you're a pretty
girl looking for love, write me too. :-)

Finally if you're an expert on virus removal please shed some lights as to
how to get rid of these e-mail viruses.

No puns today, with the seriousness of this virus talk I felt a pun would be
ill-humoured.  ahem.  May all your computers be disease-free.

Love and Red Bulls
Ken