Sinister: I'm Walking up to the Bus

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Fri Nov 30 13:31:53 GMT 2001

George Harrison, RIP. Not as much of a tragedy as Douglas Adams' death
earlier this year (because, let's face it, the Beatles were shit ;-) ) but
still a shock.

In other news, there's an ad for Storytelling doing the rounds on TV at the
moment. The first half of the ad has an instrumental backing that sound
suspiciously B&S. Keep an ear out for it...

Also on a B&S theme, as of Monday, you will be able to go to
www.bbc.co.uk/radio1 and vote for your favourite Record-of-the-Week from
Mark and Lard's show; Jonathan David will be there amongst the options. Of
course, I would never suggest that everyone votes for it as many times as
they can to make it Number 1, because that would be cheating, wouldn't it?

Disappointingly, for the first time ever, Selectadisc (aka the best record
store in the Midlands) have let me down. They haven't got the Camera Obscura
album in stock. Any suggestions where I might be able to get a copy?
Meanwhile, the Tompaulin album is starting to grow on me, even though it's
clearly not as good as their early stuff... I guess I'll have to go back to
listening to David Bridie or The Whitlams...

The problem with goths is that they take themselves waaaay too seriously.
And that's definitely not a good thing. Personally I would be deeply
offended if I was ever accused of taking myself seriously. Life's too short
for that kind of thing.

Oh, and apparently accoring to our Athenian correspondent, I now exude
coolness like cheap cologne. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. But
I like it, because it's the first time my name and 'coolness' have been used
in the same sentence since, well, ever.

Well, we're all getting excited about B&S's TV appearance tonight. A fine
way to start the Christmas season; seeing in December in the company of B&S.
But how will it go? The current betting odds are as follows:

1-5: B&S play "I'm Waking Up To Us"
Evens: B&S play "I Love My Car"
Evens: B&S play "Marx and Engels"
Evens: B&S play "Jonathan David"
5-1: B&S play "The State I Am In"
500-1: B&S play "Electronic Renaissance"
3-1: Isobel doesn't appear because she's 'afraid of flying'
3-1: We spot a member of Sinister in the audience
2-1: We spot Neil or Katrina in the audience
10-1: Jools Holland accompanies the band on the piano
1-10: Jools Holland introduces the band by saying something in an annoying
whiny voice
Evens: Everyone goes to get another beer from the fridge as soon as The
Lighthouse Family start playing
5000-1: Tom Jones appears onstage dressed as a gorilla

10 hours to go...

Big Stu