Sinister: The Independent

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Fri Nov 30 16:56:55 GMT 2001

hey!

<<There's an interview with the boy Murdoch in The Independent today.>>

Thanks Neil! I had an unread copy in my bag which had doubled as a rainhat
in the morning, was falling apart, and about to end up in the bin. But it
was saved! The article's quite insightful I think. For all non-British
listees (and all you British cheapskates) it's here;

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/music/interviews/story.jsp?story=107508

Hope that works, I never know with links.

I'm trusting my mum to record Belle and Sebastian tonight. She'll be
swotting up on the video instruction manual right now. Then I'll come home
at Christmas and she'll say "I recorded that Boz Scaggs for you. Hope it's
okay. What a lovely man. Groovy, I suppose you'd call it. I caught a bit of
that nambly pambly group that was on before, but I didn't think much of
them. Fancy getting so excited about an arab strap! Cock a hoop they were!
Well, that's what we called them in my day! I remember..." Arghhh! Nooo!

I was in a record shop yesterday and was surreptitiously putting "I'm Waking
Up To Us" in front of all the Geri Halliwell singles. Ha ha! I still find
the whole doggie concept a little terrifying. Not quite as terrifying as Ms
Halliwell, though.

On the subject of arab straps (well, my mum was anyway) I saw an advert once
for something called a Love Glove. So did Stuart by the sound of it;
   "I could even find it in my heart to love my glove"

Maybe I'll get one for Christmas...

R x