Sinister: Labour Day and my first post

Jen * jenc_is_here at xxx.com
Mon Oct 1 04:25:45 BST 2001

Hello everybody out there.
Yes, this is my first post.  I have been lurking around the list for a while
now, and have finally joined.  And now I have writing privileges and it is
all very exciting.  The only problem is I am not quite sure what to write
about  …  first I think maybe a bit about myself.  My name is Jen, and I
live in Australia.  I am a Uni student with one year of my degree to go, and
I live in a nice little house with three friends and we have some fun now
and then.  That’s about it really.  Now I can’t think of anything
spectacular to write, so instead I’ll talk about 5 things in my day today.
1. Today is a public holiday, Labour Day.  This is a great thing, one of the
many reasons of which is because it makes this week a four-day week.  I love
a good four-day week.  I think every week should be four-day week, that
would be grand indeed.
2. Today I watched ‘Rebel Without a Cause’ as it was on TV in the middle of
the night a couple of days ago, and I set the video timer.  I had never seen
it before.  Unfortunately though I am not very good with the timer, and I
cut quite a bit off the beginning.  But I still enjoyed it, no beginning at
all.
3. After this I read the paper.  This is one of my favourite things, reading
the paper come a Sunday.  It didn’t matter that it was really Monday today
because it felt like Sunday, with Labour Day and all.
4. I sat on the balcony in the sunshine, and in the air you can smell that
summer is almost here.  This is a very nice way to spend time.
5. I left a bag of groceries at the shops, but when I came back the girl at
the checkout who is always super fast scanning items had saved them for me,
so it all turned out fine and I came home and cooked spaghetti.
So that was my Labour day and this is my first post.  Nice to meet you all.
Cheers, Jen.