Sinister: Vacuuming completely nude in paradise

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Mon Oct 1 12:39:52 BST 2001

I saw a fox at the end of our garden the other day. It wasn't snowing
though.

My faith in humanity has been partly restored. Last week when I was in our
local supermarket, the girl in front of me in the queue at the tills was
having trouble paying - her debit card wouldn't swipe through properly. She
said it was because her dog had chewed it a bit when it arrived through the
post. So the girl behind the till had to type the card number into the
machine instead, but she couldn't work out how to do it. Just when she was
about to call the supervisor over for help, the middle-aged woman behind me
in the queue said "It's OK, put it on my card, I'll pay". They'd never met
each other before, she was just being really kind.

I had a strange dream last night. It had a girl and a horse in it. She might
have been called Judy.

I've decided that "The Boy Done Wrong Again" is currently my least favourite
B&S song. Not because it's bad; it's just inconsequential. At least other
less-popular songs like Beyond The Sunrise and Electronic Renaissance
provoke some sort of reaction in people, good or bad. There are too many
things in this world which are just pointless. If they went away, life
wouldn't get better, and it wouldn't get worse; noone would notice. Things
which, if they didn't already exist, noone would bother inventing. Things
like mime artists; hovercraft; car bumper stickers; neck-ties; paper
doilies; Dr Pepper; the music of the Bluetones; the careers of Lionel Blair
and Les Dennis; steak and kidney pie; synchronised swimming and rythmic
gymnastics; Family Fortunes; and the countries of Paraguay, Chad and Laos.
If you were told you could never eat another courgette in your life, would
you care?

A fortnight ago I went to Alton Towers, where there are lots of great
rollercoaster rides.

Props to David Moore (CUK) for getting the word "pulchritudinous" into his
post. I think I'm going to have to start making up long words and putting
them in my posts to make me sound like an intellectual. That would be
mesoenterlogicinal.

I saw some other people yesterday.

Big Stu