Sinister: Sophisticated Boom Boom

Pauline L. Shivers paulinel_s at xxx.com
Mon Oct 1 13:38:33 BST 2001

Oh this is so frustrating!! I keep telling Latti to
get out of her room and drive around in my car but she
says that autumn's got to her and she was so low etc
etc! when will girls know?
I know you've missed me, haven't you? You had no other
choise anyway. So how are you all my sinister twee
bunnies? all hopping and shagging around? because you
know what they're saying about bunnies and rubbits
don't you? they shag more than any other animal on the
planet!! and yes twee might be the hippy of our years,
but were hippies shagging a lot or they were just fat
words and no action? I tend to believe the latter; and
anyway they must have been really stoned to shag!
I don't want to comment on the things happening in the
world lately... I think that if I do I'll most
probably get lynched like a medieval witch or
something! No, I don't think the lot of you would
share my points of view; but it's demo(n)cracy isn't
it? and we're all allowed to say our opinion out loud,
right? Still, I think I should keep my opinions to
myself because I'm sure that demo(n)cracy works only
for the small "majority"! and I'm saying *small*
because it is small after all, if you see the election
percentages etc!
Ok enough with politics! I'll give you my latest now!
nothing as destructive or loud as the WTC bombing
though! I've met someone! oh yes! and is he cute? he's
the cutest! blue/grey eyes, pale skin, black hair,
tall and thin and his taste in clothes and music?
impecable!
Actually I knew him before, I knew him for more than
ten years but even though he was the only bloke i fell
in love with at the very first sight, something was
always going wrong and we couldn't get together! but
this all's changed now! so I spent 4 days in a
palazzio in Venice with him doing that thing that
hippies were too fucked up to do! oops! I said the *F*
word!! sorry, but you know! and is he a good lover?
he's the best! gifted and imaginative! the ultimate
combination! So, I'm off to London this weekend as
that's where his house is to see him and well, you
know! he comes from an aristocratic family of course
and he looks like a russian prince! or a celtic
prince! a prince nonetheless...
Aunt Myrtles approves of my affair, can you believe
that? this is a total anti-aphrodisiac for me and my
prince, mind! We have to think about ways to make big
aunt Turtles dislike him! Oh I love doing the *F*
thing! No you naughty creatures, I didn't mean that! I
meant the *F* as in Forbidden! I love it when aunt
Turtles is shocked at my behaviour! Oh the things we
invent us poor aristocrats to kill some time and
entertain ourselves! But I won't start feeling pitty
for myself now! that's a working class privilege
unfortunately!
I was telling my little cousin Violette about him and
she kept blushing and blushing! you see I was a bit
over graphic for my poor Violette's tender demure
ears! but I'm sure she enjoyed it nevertheless. Cheeky
Violette! You know after every sinister post I send I
print it and give it to Violette and Latti to read it.
Latti's always cool about it saying "go girl, go!" or
something like that, but Violette is pouting and
complains a bit; then she smiles and says that i'll
turn our whole family into a soap opera one of these
days! I might as well.
So what other exciting stuff have been happening in my
life besides lovers, bombs and trips to Italy?
Oh yes!! Clothes!! Have you seen the new Anne
Demeulemester designs?? they're divine! I'm not into
this 80s fashion revival myself, I think it's a bit
loud and bad taste to say the least, but I do like the
laces and the leather and the horse-riding style that
seems to be the strongest trend for winter! oh and
cord's in fashion this year! so you won't be the only
ones in those brown old pairs of cords! Of course the
only cord I'll be wearing is this Vivian Westwood long
cord plaid skirt!
Oh shopping!!! talking about it I've just remembered!
I need to buy some nice underwear! And champagne! so
before I go to London I'm setting off to Paris for a
couple of days with Latti and Violette for shopping!
have you ever had pink champagne? it's the nectar of
the gods! it is! and unlike aunt Myrtles' approval a
great aphrodisiac!
But what should I wear for my trip to London? I mean,
I'm always having trouble figuring out what to wear
when I'm flying somewhere! I think my nice
horse-riding black velvet jacket, a white shirt with a
tie and my vivien westwood cord skirt will do! How is
the weather in London by the way? cold I reckon! and
underwear? underwear must always come to a contrast
with your outwear so I'll wear lace in champagne
colour; a silk corset and stockings! Yes!
OK I must go now and pack! Take care and be glamorous!
and if you can't, well, don't slap yourself, after
all, style is inherited!

 Pauline L. Shivers

that makes sinister all quivers
she's that aristocratic slag
who lives and reigns in Prague

PS: I would like to send my greetings and my apologies
to my dearest Frederic Meysonnet, marquis de Buisante,
as I haven't replied to his last email. I'm truly
sorry Frederic mon chér but I've been so very very
busy!
PS(2): there have been a couple over-sentimental posts
to the list lately! do you know what they say? when
you whisper people pay more attention to what you're
saying? it's the same with sentimentalism! take it
easy dears! we do like you even without these
tear-soaked stories you know! you're making no point
even if you have one by being so... anyway, I won't
say it!