Sinister: I spent a weekend wasted part 1

Ken Chu kenchu at xxx.com
Mon Oct 1 16:06:53 BST 2001

Hello,

I went to Nottingham for the weekend, it was full of mixed emotions,
commotions and drinks promotions.

Got to the train station at 6pm after work, and after some idiots at the
ticket office who took 15 mins to buy a frigging ticket, I missed my train
by 10 seconds.  The journey then started half an hour later which went from
Milton Keynes to Birmingham then to Nottingham, and took 5 hours!

A coach journey would have taken just 1 hour.

Got to my friend's house at 11pm, said to myself "I need a drink!"  My
friend presented a bottle of tequila, also, earlier for dinner he made
himself some dodgy scrambled eggs, and got a stomach ache, and couldn't
drink anymore of the tequila after two shots.  2 hours later, the tequila
bottle was empty.  I woke up the next morning, in a strange room that I've
never seen before (It's my friend's new house in Nottingham), and I
remembered drinking tequila.. the word "shit" flashed before my eyes.

Ran downstairs "check for vomit stains, check for vomit stains...", couldn't
find any, phew!  Went back upstairs, found a bucket with um, stuff in it.
My friend filled me in on what happened the night before, apparently I was
so drunk I couldn't walk, let alone talk.  That's the curse of tequila, and
it sets an ironic omen for the rest of the weekend.

Sat morning, feeling well ill, so ate some rather hot chilli noodles to wake
me up, the chilli fought with the alcohol for about 15 minutes, which made
my head spin, but I was more awake afterwards, bumped into 2 people in my
old Uni, which was great it made me feel like I have loads of friends.  Met
up with another friend, we went to the pub, testing the theory "booze is the
best hangover cure".

The first pint at the pub was painful, but after that I felt sooooo great,
arranged to meet another friend about 8 o'clock.  There is a very nice art
film cinema called Broadway in Nottingham, and I was recommended to watch
"Possible Worlds" which was showing that day, so I went to Broadway, and
found that I was 30 minutes too late. :-(

So the drinking carried on til about 10:30pm, we planned to go to "Rock
City" the rock club in Nottingham, then, the news broke to me.  TERRORVISION
one of my absolute favourite bands were playing their final tour before
splitting up in Rock City that night, I got there just as they finished :-(

When I got inside, they were still removing the set from the stage, it was a
sight unbearable to watch, and so I spent the night drinking like a loon to
drown my sorrows.

I took revenge tho at the lucky bar stewards who saw the gig, cos, the
downstairs of Rock City there is the "Classic rock" room, I went in there,
and asked the DJ to play Bon Jovi living on a prayer, and then legged it
back upstairs.  HA HA HA HA Revenge is sweet.

So yes, that night carried on til 4am.

Woke up the next morning feeling like poo, did the ritual of eating chilli
noodles again, and once again felt great afterwards.  Then, after roaming
the city a bit, it was time to travel to Leicester to meet Miss Madeleine
McNeil.

... to be continued

Tequilas and Red Bull (eek)
Ken
P.S.: I have drunk whisky and red bull before, it's not really as good as
vodka and red bull, esp with whisky being one of my least favourite spirits.