Sinister: I spent a weekend wasted part 2

Ken Chu kenchu at xxx.com
Mon Oct 1 16:07:15 BST 2001

... so yes.

The train journey to Leicester was, thank God, painless this time, 45 mins
straight there.  Was about to type a sinister email about my weekend then
(so far) in this weird shop in Leicester which is also an Internet Café, but
I was halfway to finishing typing the email as the time run out, and I
didn't save it. :-(  (Basically it was similar to I spent a weekend wasted
part 1).

Then Madeleine said Hello, in a rather posh voice, we then begun the evening
at a *posh* pub, but we rose to the occasion and talked as poshly as we
could, in fact, we have out-poshed the posh people who were there who were
talking about jazz.  I was surprised at how classy we were, but that's what
middle class upbringing does for ya innit.

We then carried on drinking and talked about various things like how we
out-indied indie by being so indie that we're not indie, and stuff, until
about 9:30pm when it was about time to go home, when James also from
Leicester phoned and we thought "shall we wait for him?  Although we have to
work tomorrow and stuff"

That thought very quickly become "fook it, what drink shall we have?"

So me and James and Madeleine drank vodka and red bull aplenty, aplenty as
in drinking two glasses of it at once using 4 straws.  Then, of course going
full circle, we saw the "tequila - £1 a shot" offer, that made us happy.

Then it was closing time and time to go home, said goodbye, and I went back
to the train station.  Then, the thought came to me, "hmmm I should check
the train times", so I phoned up the train time enquiry office and basically
what the guy told me was "heh heh you are not getting home tonight, mate"

Great.  Add this to the "Things that Ken missed by a matter of minutes" list
of this weekend.

Thank you Madeleine who let me stay at her palace, which was HUGE!  It's not
an exaggeration to say that it was about 500 acres, so me and James and
Madeleine drank more before passing out.

Woke up the next day feeling a bit ill, which makes a change.  Had to phone
into work sick, but I was in the city centre and I can't find anywhere that
doesn't sound like a STREET!  Eventually had to settle for calling from a
quiet-ish WH Smith's and hope that no one noticed.  Then James shown me the
wonders of Leicester, before getting a COACH ticket back home, I was going
to burn my return train ticket in anger, but I didn't have a lighter.

Got back to Milton Keynes finally about 2 hours ago, feeling like an
absolute drunken wreck, but what a great exciting weekend.  I'm glad I am
writing the post today rather than yesterday now.

Mmmm, work tomorrow.

Sleep deprivation and Red Bull
Ken
P.S.: My name is Ken and I was an alcoholic.