Sinister: This time it was my thumb

Katia913 at xxx.com Katia913 at xxx.com
Tue Oct 2 23:36:08 BST 2001

Well, kids.  Guess what I did...

For those of you who read my last email, I really badly cut my wrist in
sculpture last week.  Well, I've got an amusing and sort of short addition to
the story..

My teacher is real cool, looks exactly like Cat Stevens and is 27, and
apparently he was really really worried because I was the first MAJOR
accident in the class.  Well, woodcarving is not a strenght of mine.  Ive
broken my piece three times now, and cut myself badly now, well, twice.  So,
today we were having a discussion of safety and he was talking about
suspending the project b/c of the safety of his students, blah blah...
After this conversation was over and I was back at my workstation trying to
catch up to the other people (b/c I have broken it twice) I was holding my
chisel and trying to steady my piece with my left hand.  Well, I get bumped
from the right by my teacher and the sharp tool slides off the side of the
wood and well, onto my thumb.  This was a deeper cut right at the joint, and
almost down to the bone (about an eighth to a quarter of an inch deep).  I
was rushed down to the nurse and had to wait for about 15 minutes with my
hand over my head to reduce the blood loss...  I didn't get stitches b/c I
would spilt them too easily so they poured some glue into the cut and
bandaged me up.  I missed the rest of my sculpture class.

just thought I'd let you know how Inept I am

I love you all

Kate of c

p.s if you want to see me and my escapades, look at silustration 55
p.p.s  this post took 15 minutes b/c it is hard to write with no useable
thumb....